Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
08-11-2011, 10:33 AM   #61

Photos: Albums
No you are not..There are some spots of dust but the camera inside was completely dry..i couldnt see a single drop..

08-31-2011, 01:11 AM   #62
Banned

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Finally had my chance to shoot in the rain. It never was on my wishlist and still isn't.

Well I think it would be good if the press button would be different and that there is no space to get sand in it. Had some trouble with one of my camera's, but rinsed it under a waterstream. Otherwise the camera's functioned great standing in the pooring rain for a good hour.

Last edited by RonHendriks1966; 03-02-2012 at 02:23 PM.
08-31-2011, 02:36 AM   #63
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Nice shots Ron ! So you was the only one without weather seals
08-31-2011, 02:44 AM   #64
Inactive Account

That is insane. You guys have more money than sense. Why would anyone put there gear thru that. I shoot in the rain all day sometimes. but a simple camera and lens rain coat and good to go. Without worrying about the lens or the camera. What a putz. I chalk this up to wanting to look cool to the other photographers.

08-31-2011, 07:04 AM   #65
Banned

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by garyk Quote
That is insane. You guys have more money than sense. Why would anyone put there gear thru that. I shoot in the rain all day sometimes. but a simple camera and lens rain coat and good to go. Without worrying about the lens or the camera. What a putz. I chalk this up to wanting to look cool to the other photographers.
Well I have less money then sence (I hope, otherwise I lack both) but the sealing works perfectly and that is one of my reasons to buy DA*60-250mm. To use and not have to go into a shelter. I've seen those rain jackets on some off the photographers and I'm going to think about them. Does it keep water away from your camera, otherwise it is no extra protection I think.

These where the two finals games in the international beachvolley tour of FIVB, so leavinbg was not an option for me. I think that only a handfull of photographers stayed outside.
08-31-2011, 07:38 AM   #66
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Dionisis_K Quote
No you are not..There are some spots of dust but the camera inside was completely dry..i couldnt see a single drop..
nice ones!
could do with a bit of fair weather! Ron's pics shows that our summer was full with rain
08-31-2011, 10:12 AM   #67
Veteran Member

I think shooting in the rain is OK with WR gear. But some videos on the internets show people actually rinsing their camera under the tap, nearly sinking it in water. That feels as wise as crashing your car on purpose just because you have the airbag...

08-31-2011, 10:21 AM   #68
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Raffwal Quote
I think shooting in the rain is OK with WR gear. But some videos on the internets show people actually rinsing their camera under the tap, nearly sinking it in water. That feels as wise as crashing your car on purpose just because you have the airbag...
But hey, they work

I'd love to forgo the rain cover I use currently if I had WR lenses though.. it's a little restrictive =\
03-03-2012, 08:30 PM   #69

QuoteOriginally posted by garyk Quote
People would put their gear through poor conditions if 1) it is designed to withstand it and 2) it is necessary to get the shot. Saying we have more money than sense may be true in some cases but I don't go running around in the rain with my camera just because I can or I want to look cool. I do it because that's what it was designed to withstand and that's what I have to do to get the photos I want.

Plus, pushing the boundaries of your equipment also teaches you what its limits are for the next time. This is how professionals out in crazy conditions figure out little tricks here and there about their equipment.

No need to call someone a putz just because you wouldn't do it.
03-03-2012, 10:09 PM   #70
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Raffwal Quote
Even Pentax does that to show off their weather sealing and hey if they are allowed to do it why not we?

They even draw on their lenses with a marker to show off the SP coating

I think many of us are just to carefull with their stuff