Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-22-2011, 08:58 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Checklist - Any takers?

I don't know if it is possible given that the K-5 has so many functions, but would it be possible to write a simple checklist going through steps to see if most of the functions are operating correctly? Or, possibly, just a higher priority checklist?

The parameters could be as simple as:

1. Kit AF lens, M lens, and A lens.
2. All the shooting modes.
2. Indoor photo, indoor flash photo, outdoor photo.
3. Video.

I know all this sounds a bit abstruse, but I am just wondering if it would help people get more confident that the camera can do prcatically anything that anyone would want it to do. Even if it is just one step by step example with each of the above parameters that may be helpful.

07-22-2011, 10:09 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
The manual, sorry. It is written, so it shall be...

(There is no simple answer to a complex problem).
07-22-2011, 10:22 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
I hear ya...

QuoteOriginally posted by SpecialK Quote
The manual, sorry. It is written, so it shall be...

(There is no simple answer to a complex problem).
...I hear ya. I will take Occam's Razor for 100, Alex.

I was just thinking that someone might say, "my favorite way to shoot with a 50mm 1.4 M lens is ..." Or, "the easiest way to shoot indoors under tungsten light without a flash with a 50mm 1.4 M lens is..." Something along those lines. I realize that I worded the initial post too broadly.
07-22-2011, 11:54 AM   #4
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I see the wisdom of your idea and use my own short checklists after missing shots because last night's setting made a mess of the bright daylight when I forgot to reset everything. But so many variables besides just the gear..... I would not know where to start with a helpful gerneric list for Sunset versus Full moon versus BIFs or indoor sports and portraits. Hey! it sounds like the "scene" modes in most consumer level cameras.

But like I said, I see the wisdome of it especially when you shoot a wide variety of subjects and gear.