Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-02-2011, 08:48 AM   #1

Photos: Albums
K5 in for repair.... do they give updates?

Sent my K5 in yesterday under warranty for a non-functioning rear edial.

Just wondering if I'll be waiting breathlessly with no inputs or if they give emails for receipt, diagnosis, repair completion, return shipping,
etc...

Any experiences here with the turnaround time on repairs?

08-02-2011, 09:00 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

You should be able to go to CRIS website to check status: Camera Repair by CRIS Camera Services - Pentax Camera Repair.

It is pretty smart. Once you register and input serial #, it can find your order and display status in a day or so (assuming they have received).

This is based on my experience on a recent warranty repair. I sent to PENTAX Service Center in AZ. Mine is for a P&S DC and it took them about a week to repair and ship back.
08-02-2011, 09:00 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
From what I've read people say 4-6 weeks.
08-02-2011, 09:02 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
haha (not at your delima just that I recently sent in two items for repair) -

1. Did you send it to Pentax directly ? I have not done this so I don't know the protocol, but there should be one (some sort of ticket / tracking number once the item has been received)

2. If you sent it via a retail store they should be able to get you updates. It has been my expereince that in about 2 weeks I may get a call (that would mean it is not warrently work and I am given an estimate). If I don't get a call within 2 weeks that generally means it is warrenty work.

I just posted a General topic about this - I am guessing you will fall into that 4 - 6 weeks catagory - hopefully you will get some good news sooner , but I would set my expectations for the former time frame.

08-02-2011, 10:51 AM   #5
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by hyyz Quote
You should be able to go to CRIS website to check status: Camera Repair by CRIS Camera Services - Pentax Camera Repair.

It is pretty smart. Once you register and input serial #, it can find your order and display status in a day or so (assuming they have received).

This is based on my experience on a recent warranty repair. I sent to PENTAX Service Center in AZ. Mine is for a P&S DC and it took them about a week to repair and ship back.
I read their web site to say that I should expect no communications about
the camera if it was warranty covered. Mine has been gone just 2 weeks
so I haven't begun to wonder yet.
08-02-2011, 11:15 AM   #6
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I recently sent a warranty covered K-5 directly to C.R.I.S. and was able to get the update I asked for by emailing the cust. srv. guy who sent me the mailing label. He looked it up and responded that day. Whole process was just short of 4 weeks as of last month. Good luck.