Here are a couple of my grandson with my K5 and 77

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5  Photo 
08-03-2011, 05:59 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Nice photos Jim, thats a great combination the K5 & FA77. My only suggestion would be to check your white balance on the colour one, looks to be a little too much red in there.
08-03-2011, 07:54 PM   #3
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by twitch Quote
Nice photos Jim, thats a great combination the K5 & FA77. My only suggestion would be to check your white balance on the colour one, looks to be a little too much red in there.
... unless he is sunburned.

I agree,. Great combo

08-03-2011, 08:26 PM   #4

Original Poster
Thanks for the comments. He was tan but wasn't sunburn. I did use a gold reflector and
that may be part of my color problem plus I didn't make any corrections to the white balance
when editing
Jim

08-05-2011, 10:12 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I like the first one, but there's something strange about it. If it wasn't creative intention, it looks completely out of focus - maybe FA77 missfocused (mine use to that quite a lot). Because if you get focus right, FA77 can do a whole lot better than that.
Don't get me wrong, I still like the image, just thinking it might have more impact if boy's face was sharp and rest out of focus....
08-06-2011, 07:48 AM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Cute kid, nice compositions. But as noted, on the first pic it appears that the camera back focus'ed, or perhaps you were letting the camera choose the focus point for you? I say this because the sharpest part of the focal plane looks to be the little patch of short hairs standing straight up on the top of his head. If you were focus'ed on his eye's, then you may need to adjust forward an inch or two for that lens if your firmware will let you.

Oddly contrary to the other comments so far, I kinda like the second color photo as is. It reminds me of the old Vivitar lenses that used to blast the red a bit. Kinda gives it a vintage old-school look. The neat thing about the old Viv's, was they were pretty good for black and white work, since it was like running around with a red filter on your lens and it punched up the contrast. LOL!

Enjoyed the post, thanks,
Eric
08-07-2011, 12:21 PM   #7

Original Poster
It wasn't creative intention. I took a rather quick shot and it was probably me that messed the focus
up. I totally agree with your comments. thanks a lot