Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-11-2011, 03:53 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Multiexposure-how to cancel

Just rec'd my K5 today, played around a little with custom settings etc. Now, every time I depress the shutter, it takes 2 exposures. I check in the menu for multiexposure and there isn't a check box to cancel it, only a selection of how many exposures I want (2-9). How can I get this to take just one shot?

TIA

08-11-2011, 03:59 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Check the...

QuoteOriginally posted by Franky2step Quote
Just rec'd my K5 today, played around a little with custom settings etc. Now, every time I depress the shutter, it takes 2 exposures. I check in the menu for multiexposure and there isn't a check box to cancel it, only a selection of how many exposures I want (2-9). How can I get this to take just one shot?

TIA
Check the top button above the OK button. That is the shooting mode button. The menu defines the parameters for continuous shooting but doesn't turn it off or on.

Going from memory on this so I could be wrong.
08-11-2011, 04:00 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thanks, that's it, back to single shot. Pentax is completely new to me coming from Canon. This forum is a welcome addition for newbs like me.
08-11-2011, 04:07 PM   #4
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Franky2step Quote
Thanks, that's it, back to single shot. Pentax is completely new to me coming from Canon. This forum is a welcome addition for newbs like me.
That is not multiple exposure... that is just continuous shooting mode. Canon DSLR does not have this feature. Only some Nikon advance models such as D200, D300 (may be also D7000) have these features as well. For multiple exposure, it does not stick, you have to do that every time.

08-11-2011, 04:43 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Funny story, whenever I ask someone to take a picture of me who has never used a pentax always fires off 3-5 shots because I keep leaving it on Continuous Shooting Mode. But they would always comment on how impress they felt using the camera. =]
08-12-2011, 09:12 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Sometimes I use continuous mode for portraits - when they expect one click and instead the camera rattles off about 20 shots in quick succession you can get some genuine smiles; eyes as well as lips.

Only works once or twice for any given subject though.