Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-15-2011, 03:54 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Troubleshooting: Camera still taking pics by itself

I posted this a few days ago but didn't get too many results. Any leads or links on what could be causing this? At first I thought it was because I was using the Sigma 530 flash and thought it might have been a contact issue Yesterday however I put on the AF 360 and was also getting the ghost shooting. The camera was taking pictures on its own. I checked to make sure that catch in focus was turned off and it was. That was the only thing I could think of. Any ideas? What's the turnaround time if I send it back and would it go to B&H or to Pentax proper?
Thanks

08-15-2011, 05:55 AM   #2
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteQuote:
and would it go to B&H or to Pentax proper?
That would depend on when you bought the camera. Even then, B&H would probably be the better ones to ask. My Guess however is, open a repair ticket and send it directly to CRIS.

08-15-2011, 05:56 AM   #3

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Does this only happen with a flash mounted on the hot-shoe? See if I understand what is happening: even without pressing the shutter button the camera is in continuous shutter mode until you turn the camera off?
You can try setting the camera to all factory defaults. If this doesn't help you might have to send it in.
08-15-2011, 10:31 AM   #4

Photos: Gallery
Do you have a wired remote shutter release attached to the camera? If so, I noticed that my K-5 tends to take shots by itself when the wired remote shutter plug is not fully inserted into the camera

08-15-2011, 08:08 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I just got back from a trip to Virginia and when I took my K-5 out of my Airconditioned Car into a humid day it started taking pictures by itself. I tried to take a photo and it just kept shooting on it's own. It even took a picture when I turned it off.
I bought my K-5 back in Nov. and this is the first trouble I've had like this. No Flash used just the DA 18-55 lens.
08-16-2011, 04:23 AM   #6

Photos: Gallery
Same problem I has.Took fhotos of the ground while hanging on the strap. Pentax Australia replaced it 3 weeks ago.Couldnt find a fault but replaced on information I gave them. Hapeeneded anywhere, anytime, any lens or any battery.On tripod and with remore.Clunk, clunk,clunk. Not anymore.New body.