Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-25-2011, 12:09 PM   #16
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I use Irfanview, and it works fine. it enables thumbnales view from RAW files in explorer

08-25-2011, 12:36 PM   #17
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
The free converter referenced above doesn't work through photoshop - all it does is go through the PEF files and convert them to DNG, nothing more.

I use both Lightroom and CS4. I played with the trial version of Aperture and thought that while it goes about things differently, it wouldn't be hard to switch over from LR to Aperture. And I could understand why someone might prefer one over the other. While I could probably live without LR or Aperture, I'd definitely miss it. I could not live without photoshop.

I figure I'll skip CS5 and get CS6 whenever it comes out (this fall?). There are a couple of features in CS5 that I think I'd use.

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
camera, dng, dslr, file, files, k-5, k-5 ii, k-5 iis, k5, pef, pentax k-5, ps, wedding