Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-21-2011, 09:52 AM   #1
focus

k5 - " this image cannot be displayed"

hi, does anyone know why my k5 says" this image cannot be displayed", when i try to review the photos i have taken. this has happened just after i put some images onto my computer, it only says this for a few images, not all. however the images that cannot be seen on my camera, can still be seen on my computer - how (if possible) can i get them back onto my camera?. ive used a sandisk extreme class 10 card, and it was only used for this camera. any advice? - please.

08-21-2011, 10:08 AM   #2
Veteran Member

If you edited/re-saved the pictures you are trying to view, or put new ones on the card that were not originally taken with the K-5, that could be why the K-5 can not display them.
08-21-2011, 10:15 AM   #3
Banned

Photos: Gallery
Programs like Faststone and Photoshop tend to leave something behind in the picture and making the camera not to eat the image anymore. Same is when you turn pictures in viewfinder or alike program.
08-21-2011, 10:16 AM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
This happens every once in a while on my K-x, on my Samsung P&S and my Fuji P&S. The files are fine, it's just "one of those things".

08-21-2011, 10:19 AM   #5
focus

hi, this card was only used with the k5, no other camera. - Eventhough, the camera says this image cannot be displayed, would i still be able to print out the photo? ( the images still show on the computer when i connect the camera to it). the images that wont display on the lcd camera screen, are actually the best shots i took which is why its so annoying!
08-21-2011, 10:23 AM   #6
Banned

Photos: Gallery
Change your working method.

When you select images on the back screen of your camera, just copy them to a new map on your pc by dragging them from the card to that new map. Go on working with the files that you copied on your computer and don't mess with card-files.
08-21-2011, 10:25 AM   #7
focus

ok, will try that. thank you!