Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-05-2011, 06:29 PM - 6 Likes   #1
Loyal Site Supporter

OMG, I think there is something wrong with my K5

I was shooting some pictures today and everything worked.
The darned LiveView worked perfectly, the exposures were bang on, the AF was snappy and accurate and to top it all off, none of the buttons fell off the thing.
And, just for good measure, the GPS thing placed me within inches of where I was standing, every single time.
I just can't understand why, for all the money I've put into Pentax, I have to put up with this sort of thing.

09-05-2011, 06:35 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Freaky! I hope you called your Nikon rep to let him know.
09-05-2011, 06:43 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Darn things ! Makes you never want to sell them at upgrade time and you end up swimming in cameras

Eric
09-05-2011, 06:46 PM - 1 Like   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Life's terrible that way. I thought I had a problem with my K-5, but found out that it was my sunglasses. Darn.

09-05-2011, 07:45 PM   #5
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Wheatfield Quote
I was shooting some pictures today and everything worked
I just can't understand why, for all the money I've put into Pentax, I have to put up with this sort of thing.
You are making fun of people who spent a considerable amount of money on a K-5 and then legitimately complain about faults that their (not your) copy has.

Don't you have better things to do with your time?
09-05-2011, 07:58 PM   #6
Veteran Member

This site isn't a resource for Pentax cameras it's just a run of the mill fanboy club of 13 year olds. Screw all ya, I'm dumping the bookmark.
09-05-2011, 08:02 PM   #7
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Class A Quote
You are making fun of people who spent a considerable amount of money on a K-5 and then legitimately complain about faults that their (not your) copy has.

Don't you have better things to do with your time?
Admittedly it's a nice idea that perhaps people who have no issues and are satisfied with their cameras can perhaps post in a thread to state their satisfaction to show newcomers that no, the camera faults are not comment.

Alternatively, perhaps everyone who is satisfied should just go post a damn review on the camera!

09-05-2011, 08:07 PM - 1 Like   #8

People take it personally and get worked up when someone posts about having a problem.
People take it personally and get worked up when someone posts about not having a problem.
Gotta love the internet.
09-05-2011, 08:35 PM   #9
Veteran Member

i think there's a problem with mine too: i don't own it yet
09-05-2011, 08:53 PM - 2 Likes   #10
Veteran Member

Unfortunately there are also some people who take it personally when they don't even own a K-5 to begin with...

To all K-5 and other new camera newbies, my suggestion is don't go starting threads at the slightest notice purporting supposed problems and getting overly paranoid about things before you actually read the bloody manual from start to finish and take the necessary time to familiarize yourself with the camera. If there is really a genuine problem, get it exchanged or send the camera in for service.

It would help to use the search button and read past threads and plentiful posts that may have been discussed earlier at length, instead of starting threads on a whim asking for help or advice just because you don't know wtf is happening. That way, you'll avoid most of the negativity and impatience that might come when newbies pose basic and often stupid questions. As newbies, don't always expect instant answers by posting threads claiming about issues that for the most part might be wholly unfounded or that you probably are not fully aware off. Instead, search judiciously and read up first instead of always expecting to be spoonfed or having your angst reassured. I think it is human nature for others to find this sort of behavior pretty tiring, hence the wall of negativity.

Last edited by creampuff; 09-05-2011 at 09:05 PM.
09-05-2011, 09:06 PM   #11

I don't have a K-5, but my K-7 works really well, even in low light. What's that all about? I though it was supposed to be an awful camera (or at least an awful sensor)? I guess I'll have to buy a K-5 yet.
09-05-2011, 09:53 PM   #12
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Tony3d Quote
This site isn't a resource for Pentax cameras it's just a run of the mill fanboy club of 13 year olds. Screw all ya, I'm dumping the bookmark.
Oh, Jeez! Don't let the door bump you on the butt.
09-05-2011, 09:53 PM   #13
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Wheatfield Quote
I was shooting some pictures today and everything worked.
The darned LiveView worked perfectly, the exposures were bang on, the AF was snappy and accurate and to top it all off, none of the buttons fell off the thing.
And, just for good measure, the GPS thing placed me within inches of where I was standing, every single time.
A very immature poke at those who have legitimate problems with a camera they have spent a lot of money on. All you've done is embarrassed yourself.
09-05-2011, 09:56 PM   #14
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Tony3d Quote
Please don't view the starter of this thread as indicative of the people here. Most members of this forum are decent and helpfull people. Keep ya bookmark
09-05-2011, 10:00 PM   #15

Ya, kids dude.
Closed Thread