Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-16-2011, 02:47 AM   #1

Can I exchange my French K-5 manual for an English one?

Hello! This is my first post, though I've lurked about on here, and you've played no small part in my very recent K-5 purchase.

However - I'm living in France at the moment, and of course, they gave me a French manual. My French isn't THAT good, and while I did download the English manual PDF, I'd really like a little portable manual to carry around when I'm on the go for these first few weeks. The guy at the French camera store suggested I go online and get it exchanged at Pentax.com. I couldn't find where that might be possible.

Is it? Or should I plan on taking French photo classes for all that vocabulary?

09-16-2011, 03:02 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Sacrebleu. Non. Jamais!

Last edited by Nass; 09-16-2011 at 05:07 AM.
09-16-2011, 04:45 AM   #3
Pentaxian

I carry my English pdf manual on my phone.
09-16-2011, 10:01 AM   #4

Photos: Gallery
I was in a similar situation with my 'German' K-5 and lack of suitable language skills. I bothered Pentax UK and DE sufficiently that they ended up sending me a reprinted English one. One resource I found that will sell you one is here: Pentax K 5 Camera Manual . Bon chance!

09-16-2011, 10:20 AM   #5

PDF download direct from pentax.
I realize this doesn't exactly answer what you may have expected/wanted - a 'free' exchange of manuals, but may be enough, and is free;
Digital Cameras and Accessories - Official PENTAX Imaging Web Site
09-16-2011, 10:26 AM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
From the above link you can select to buy a printed one instead of downloading
------------------
Purchase an Owner’s Manual or Literature.
If you would like to purchase a replacement owner’s manual like the one included with your product, you can do it here. The manual is $8.00, which you will be invoiced for upon receipt of your printed manual. If you order an instruction manual and a PC Connection manual together, you will only be charged $8.00.
09-17-2011, 03:26 PM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by mmrempen Quote
However - I'm living in France at the moment, and of course, they gave me a French manual. My French isn't THAT good, and while I did download the English manual PDF, I'd really like a little portable manual to carry around when I'm on the go for these first few weeks. The guy at the French camera store suggested I go online and get it exchanged at Pentax.com. I couldn't find where that might be possible
That's interesting I know someone who is buying a K-5 and will probably get an English manual. He is French speaking most probably would want the French version instead. If you can wait a little, that could be a perfect exchange.

09-17-2011, 03:33 PM   #8

Original Poster
Manu, that is .... a pretty amazing coincidence! Definitely sounds like a plan, I'll gladly swap him. Get in touch with me again whenever he does end up buying it.

And thanks crow, I'll buy one if this exchange doesn't pan out.
09-17-2011, 07:53 PM   #9
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

PM sent