Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-21-2011, 05:37 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Good news Otis!

So far I don't think I have any need for your warranty. Everyhings working great, and this really is a superb camera. I really hope Ricoh does some real advertizing because the K5 is a remarkable instrument. It deserves more attention. If your lucky to get a good working copy, the camera becomes totally transparent. This is the first camera I have owned where I have to do so little in the way of PP. With the right marketing this camera could easily be on the best selling list. I'm hooked!

09-21-2011, 06:04 PM   #2
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Well, that is great news for Otis......his "volunteer" is just dying () to get on tho the next assignment, an old lady down the street that keeps trying to run over Squirrels in her big Cadillac. No doubt she will get a big bang out of the visit........

Despite the problems some face, and I do not make light of them, the K5 is a fantastic camera. Amazing really, coming from my previous models. Try to get a few fresh Squirrel shots for Otis....it will make him feel appreciated ...I guess? Anyhow, go out and shoot something, the K5 just makes you want to shoot ....anything at all!
Best Regards!
09-21-2011, 07:28 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
Well, that is great news for Otis......his "volunteer" is just dying () to get on tho the next assignment, an old lady down the street that keeps trying to run over Squirrels in her big Cadillac. No doubt she will get a big bang out of the visit........

Despite the problems some face, and I do not make light of them, the K5 is a fantastic camera. Amazing really, coming from my previous models. Try to get a few fresh Squirrel shots for Otis....it will make him feel appreciated ...I guess? Anyhow, go out and shoot something, the K5 just makes you want to shoot ....anything at all!
Best Regards!
Yes, I'm going to try to get out with it this weekend. Maybe go to Mickey Mouses House. I've done a lot of testing with it around the house. Another week or two I'll order the 18-135 Pentax lens. I really like the quick shift feature. Tell Otis I'll try and get some squirrel pictures soon. I really hope this thing remains good, I do get a little nerves when I insert a fresh battery.
09-21-2011, 09:24 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Nice one Tony!!!

I used to post on a British Pentax forum where the Moderator claimed nobody ever shouted about the great things about cameras and only shouted about the faults. This was to try and prove the real faults with the early K-5s were over exaggerated of course. of course his claim was rubbish. I've seen loads of people shout about the greatness of the K-5 nother here and there.

Let's be realistic, the early K-5s had problems. I ahd to get my first one replaced for the AF low light fault. I now have two K-5s and they are fantastic. I'm happy to sing from the rooftops about them.

I just loaded Lightroom and checked that I've taken 51,499 pics with my K-5s since I bought them early this year. They've performed excellently.

Pentax ahs the oppurtunity to provide some real competition to canikon if it can invest in some real marketing and start providing models that appeal to the pros

09-21-2011, 09:53 PM   #5
Forum Member

Glad the K5 is working well.
I'll be interested in how the DA18-135 turns out for you. I too am contemplating a walk-about lens with more reach than the kit DA18-55 & had also narrowed it down to the DA18-135 and the Sigma 18-250. I'm not sure though if the extra reach of the Sigma justifies the $250 premium it carries in my part of the planet.
09-22-2011, 09:22 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Original Poster

Best Regards!
QuoteOriginally posted by Poes Buddy Quote
Glad the K5 is working well.
I'll be interested in how the DA18-135 turns out for you. I too am contemplating a walk-about lens with more reach than the kit DA18-55 & had also narrowed it down to the DA18-135 and the Sigma 18-250. I'm not sure though if the extra reach of the Sigma justifies the $250 premium it carries in my part of the planet.
I'm probable going to order the new lens in a weeks. I'll post image when I get it.
09-22-2011, 11:13 AM   #7
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Photos: Gallery | Albums
So when are you going on your trip...and how long will you be gone? Some ideas of where you are going and what you hope to shoot with the K5? Any specifics? Any goals, or just general sightseeing?
Regards!

09-22-2011, 12:58 PM   #8
Veteran Member

Original Poster
So when are you going on your trip...and how long will you be gone? Some ideas of where you are going and what you hope to shoot with the K5? Any specifics? Any goals, or just general sightseeing?
Regards!
We've been to Italy once before for two weeks, so we have a good idea what we want to see. The first week we'll be in Rome, The second week we rented a house on the coast near Napoli. Were just going to see the general sites, and relax. My K5 will be at my side constantly.