Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-27-2011, 05:41 PM - 1 Like   #46
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by StigVidar Quote
I got tired of this forum long time ago because of all the complaining. Why not get the camera repaired and then leave it there? Why must every fault everyone experience with their camera has to be discussed to the uttermost boredom?
Why? For the simple reason that if people like the OP weren't taking the time and trouble to report their problems then people who are new to the forum, or new to the K5, or new to Pentax, would have no clue as to what's going on. Your "uttermost boredom" is entirely your own responsibility.

Despite my trepidations about the K5 issues I finally said "to hell with it, I have a backup for when stuff goes wrong. I want this thing." I made the decision to buy the K5, not in spite of the reports of the "complainers," but in spite of the foolish fanboys, who inspire in me about as much faith in the product as a staged 90% electoral victory in a presidential election in Iran inspires faith in Iranian democracy.

For me, the features are worth the high potential for annoying problems. But the blind cheer-leading for the brand on the part of many people on the forum is asinine.

10-28-2011, 12:10 AM   #47
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Speaking of annoying problems:
The "new" K-5 that I just bought at B&H turns out not to be new at all. It's either a return or a demo model. I am not pleased. Should I bother to check for sensor stains tomorrow? Nah. I'm not wasting any more of my time on the thing than I have to.