Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-28-2011, 06:46 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
K-5 ad on DPReview

While checking dpreview as usual for photo news, I got a PENTAX ad for the K-5.

The ad reads the following:
QuoteQuote:
Critics give the K-5 high praise.
We gave it a lower price.
When you roll your mouse over it, the ad expands and it reads the following:

QuoteQuote:
One of the best APS-C sensors yet! - imaging-resource.com
This is quoted out of the conclusion at the end of the Imaging Resource review.

QuoteQuote:
New GPS unit. Track your adventures.
See the O-GPS1.

QuoteQuote:
New lower price and a limited time $300 instant rebate.
The PENTAX K-5.
See https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/official-pentax-news/157403-pentax-announ...eflex-com.html.

This is a step in the right direction. It seems this ad is displayed to all users, not just interested users, since I got it while viewing DPReview on Internet Explorer just after clearing the cookies, but I'd like others to confirm this. In any case, it's pretty clear that PENTAX is putting more work into advertising its products.

--DragonLord

09-28-2011, 06:52 AM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
If you look at our homepage banner, whenever a google ad is rotated in one of the entries usually goes to pentaximaging.com. It's a step in the right direction, but there's a lot of work that remains- for starters they should improve their website and actually create categories for all the different product types (the 645d, q, and k5 should definitely NOT go under the same heading.
09-28-2011, 07:19 AM   #3
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Didn't see it over there this morning....I just went over to look for it......I don't go over there to look around much. Unless I have my cookies cleared, and am using my invisible browser, they start shooting at my Squirrels as soon as I open the site. They have some really mean spirited people running that place.....fortunately most of them are blind and can't shoot straight.

I am hoping to see Ricoh do much better in advertising with Pentax, and increase their visibility in the US. They have a golden opportunity, and hopefully they will use it wisely. I don't know much about Ricoh, but Otis says they are "Squirrel friendly".....we'll see?
Regards!
09-28-2011, 11:34 AM   #4

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
, they start shooting at my Squirrels as soon as I open the site. They have some really mean spirited people running that place.....fortunately most of them are blind and can't shoot straight.
Couldn't agree more!

Woody

09-28-2011, 11:41 AM   #5
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

QuoteOriginally posted by ukwoody Quote
Couldn't agree more!

Woody
About shooting Squirrels....mean spirited people....blind...or all three! They sure as heck don't like Squirrels over there, but they don't care much for people either!
Regards!
09-28-2011, 12:28 PM   #6

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
About shooting Squirrels....mean spirited people....blind...or all three! They sure as heck don't like Squirrels over there, but they don't care much for people either!
Regards!
As I said, couldn't agree more ;-)

woody
09-28-2011, 01:09 PM   #7

Here is a photo of the ad appearing on DPReview. I came across it while browsing the site:

09-28-2011, 04:48 PM   #8
Veteran Member

Marketing is so sophisticated now, that it is possible that the K-5 ad targets those who have previously visited dpreview's Pentax SLR forum. I'm not saying that it is so, merely that it is possible.

Rob
09-28-2011, 04:59 PM   #9
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Yeah...

QuoteOriginally posted by robgo2 Quote
Marketing is so sophisticated now, that it is possible that the K-5 ad targets those who have previously visited dpreview's Pentax SLR forum. I'm not saying that it is so, merely that it is possible.

Rob
And I always get ads with pictures of the scruffiest looking bloke refinancing his mortgage. What up with that?
09-28-2011, 05:22 PM   #10
Veteran Member

Hmm... I was going to check to see if I get that same ad, but there was nothing there... then I realized that I have an ad blocker installed (btw, it's the coolest thing out there—ads begone!).

However, if all the ads on the internet were Pentax ads then I think I'd have to uninstall it. Actually, that could be bad for fostering LBA. Hmm...
09-28-2011, 06:15 PM   #11

I believe it is related to certain Pentax keywords.