Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-06-2011, 06:07 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Trying to find old K-5 sports thread

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to find a thread that was started when the K-5 was introduced. I'm not sure that it started as a sports thread, but it turned into a discussion about how the K-5 was a major advance for Pentax sports shooting. One of the main contributers was a guy who was already doing some great college sports work, remember his amazing HDR looking wide stadium shots? I wanted to follow up with some of the people in there that were doing sports work to see how now that it is a year later, the K-5 has worked out for them. I tried doing some forum searches using sports and other related terms, but I could not find it. Was the title something like "Why as a professional the K-5 makes my life easier" or something like that? If anyone remembers this, and can point me to it, I would appreciate it. Thanks.

10-06-2011, 06:23 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I remember that shot - I believe it was some Colorado University Football Stadium taken from one corner top row. It was a stunning shot and if I rememeber correctly was used in one of the Univerity magazines - unfortuantley none of this helps you , but I think that was what you were talking about, I don't remember where the picture was posted but best of luck (and let us know if you find it).
10-06-2011, 02:23 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
This might be the guy. University of Colorado - a set on Flickr
10-07-2011, 11:34 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thanks to both of you. That gave me enough info to find it in a search by his ID here.

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-k-5-forum/119122-i-am-pro-shooter-...-tomorrow.html

10-10-2011, 05:46 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Some more sports examples, including the football shot
Flickr: Discussing Samples - Sports/Action in Pentax K-5 Fan Club