ONE K-5 Silver 74.76%
TWO K-5 Silver   00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 147. You may not vote on this poll

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-01-2011, 10:30 PM   #16
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
While your method is interesting I think there will be a serious error source.
I am quite sure that most of the silver copies were bought by long term fans, pentaxians, and not ordinary average customers. The same people are heavily overrepresented in a forum like this. Hence the ratio between silver and black bodies you get from this poll is not usefull for estimates of the toal K-5 sales. It will be biased and underestimate the sales. What strategy do you have to estimate this error?

11-02-2011, 03:32 AM   #17
Banned

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Douglas_of_Sweden Quote
I am quite sure that most of the silver copies were bought by long term fans, pentaxians, and not ordinary average customers. The same people are heavily overrepresented in a forum like this. Hence the ratio between silver and black bodies you get from this poll is not usefull for estimates of the toal K-5 sales. It will be biased and underestimate the sales. What strategy do you have to estimate this error?
I'm aware of the error, that is in the Silver section. On the other hand it is also a nice place to who has what, since a lot of people are putting some words down here. The more entry's to the poll the more accurate the calculation, since those Silver owners probably are that kind of fan that they all enter there camera.

Well with only 4 Silver's the error is either zero, or 25 % or 50 % or 75 %, assuming that there should be at least one Silver in this group (mine ).

I also looked into the camera serial number datatbase and came to 125.000 units (going up to 200.000 for the error in calculation) for a very roughly calculation. I somehow still think that is a low number.

I assume that no-one has any idea about production- or salesnumbers?
11-02-2011, 07:01 AM   #18
Inactive Account

bought k7 spring of 2009. went to d700 jun 2010. sold that 2 days ago. k5 should be here tomorrow.
11-02-2011, 11:56 AM   #19
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I decided on two K-5's (black) to start as I'm shooting on the run and like to have my DA*300mm dedicated to one body and the other body hooked up to my DA*16-50 for mostly HDR shots. Then after the Ricoh event I purchased a Silver K-5 which now has my DA*50-135 attached to it. I carry this set up in my truck and can pretty much handle any shot on the fly. I was thinking of going the full frame direction but I felt that the K-5 system will keep me happy until the other manufactures catch up.

11-02-2011, 12:12 PM   #20
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I love my Pentax K-5sss

Name:  8 (1).jpg
Views: 187
Size:  140.5 KB
11-02-2011, 03:17 PM   #21
Banned

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Douglas_of_Sweden Quote
Just put in a second poll on a different Pentax forum in my country. So that is smaller and would function as a reference, since I know more about that closed market.