Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-11-2011, 12:22 AM   #1
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Tomorrow. Collecting my new k5

Got the last one new in box of current stock (as opposed to demo/display).. Shop advises me it was from a shipment they got in July.
Fingers crossed I get a good one.

Last edited by Mychael; 11-11-2011 at 03:36 AM.
11-11-2011, 04:55 AM   #2

Got mine a few days back... button is still on and I had a good few firm presses etc to make sure its not going to come off (although this may happen later on in its life!). No mirror problems, but yet to test for sensor stains!
11-11-2011, 07:20 AM   #3
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Congrats- and while that seems to be pretty old stock for a shop selling new gear, I don't see why there should be any problems

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
11-11-2011, 12:58 PM   #4
Site Supporter

Original Poster
They are a much smaller shop Adam, only two staff. They are were I donated all my old 35mm bodies to go to uni students. They don't have a huge turnover but seem to cater for all brands albeit less of any particular thing. I agree though I would have been happier had they said Aug-Sept. stock but basically it's there or pretty much no-where else as all the large city stores told me none in stock (except display models) with next shipment late December.

11-12-2011, 12:26 PM   #5
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Well so far really impressed with my new camera. Following the initial set up guide from Adams review in these forums I was shooting with a modern full auto lens in about 5 mins. Getting 'ok' shots inside at night with a full manual lens after about 20 mins of setting up.
Understanding of course I'll need quite a bit longer to really get in properly setting everything up and I'll no doubt come across other issues to overcome.

Swapped lenses about 20 times yesterday and (fingers crossed) no buttons have fallen off yet. Got a fuill day today to fiddle with it so see how much progress I can make today.
11-13-2011, 04:42 AM   #6

Congrats, you will love it...

Just remember to get a fast card....

Enjoy!
11-13-2011, 11:14 AM   #7
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Thanks, got a Kingston 16gig SDHC. Seems to work ok. Only once had a format error (better to have none I guess) but otherwise works ok. I'm not planning on doing any Video.