Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-12-2011, 02:24 PM   #1

K5 here I come

My appologies to one and all, but I'm so excited! G/f has just agreed that I can now finally get a K5 with 18-55WR and a second hand 55-300. So on monday it's place the order, and I'll have it a day or two later. With the £90 cashback it's a great price now. Yeahhhh, 12 months of waiting is finally over

I've loved my Fuji s100fs and do realise the K5 is going to be one heck of a learning curve, but just cant wait.

Woody

11-12-2011, 02:28 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Congrats. You will be getting a great outfit. Enjoy

Dennis
11-12-2011, 02:45 PM   #3

Congratulations. I already had a K100 sd for a few years when I decided to plunk down the money for the K-5 this summer. My primary motivation was the extended ISO range. Although I had read a lot about the K-5 over the past year or so, I was still surprised how much fun it is to use. Make no mistake, it has so many features that there's a serious learning curve to appreciate some of the things it can do, but once you figure it out, it's fantastic how many picture-taking scenarios it accommodates. And the high-ISO is all it's cracked up to be.
11-12-2011, 04:02 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I also made transition to Pentax from Fuji, but earlier. I had S9500 and exchanged it for K10D. The difference in speed and image quality was expected, but also the controls were so much better! I felt very frustrated by Fuji menu system and limited shooting modes. Pentax set me free to use any sensible setting in any mode.

11-12-2011, 04:15 PM   #5
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Congrats!

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
11-13-2011, 02:22 PM   #6

Original Poster
Cheers all, will let you know as soon as I have my grubby mitts on it!

woody
11-13-2011, 11:15 PM   #7

My wife just gave me the okay yesterday to get a K-5 also! Just missed the $1,099 Amazon deal but I will keep an eye out for the next sale. I started with the k100ds in 2005 and upgraded to the K-7 2 years ago. Can't wait to shoot some high ISO photos with the new camera.

Anybody else waiting for their significant others to let them get a K-5?

11-14-2011, 04:36 AM   #8

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by ale78 Quote
My wife just gave me the okay yesterday to get a K-5 also! Just missed the $1,099 Amazon deal but I will keep an eye out for the next sale. I started with the k100ds in 2005 and upgraded to the K-7 2 years ago. Can't wait to shoot some high ISO photos with the new camera.

Anybody else waiting for their significant others to let them get a K-5?
Yes, my wife also has "a vote" in this, but she also voted Yes a couple of weeks ago.
11-16-2011, 12:47 PM   #9

Original Poster
What a palava. Finally ordered my K5 with 18-55 and the separate 55-300 lens today. It's taken two days to basically discover Pentax UK have a backlog of about 300 55-300mm lens orders. So in the end I've had to order the body with 18-55wr from one local independant dealer and the 55-300 from another to finally get delivery next week.

Ironically after speaking SRS here in the UK who said they weren't expecting the lenses in until next week, so I finally placed it with Welsh dealer, only to get an email seconds later saying actually they'd just had a delivery of them. Oh well, at least it will all arrive at roughly the same time now. I must pay thanks actually to Celtic Vision of Narberth (Ivan) who really has put himself out trying to get my kit and given me the cracking price of £759 for the body and 18-55wr with the £90 rebate on top.

Woody
11-17-2011, 03:36 PM   #10
Closed Account

QuoteOriginally posted by cees Quote
Yes, my wife also has "a vote" in this, but she also voted Yes a couple of weeks ago.
My wife also has "yes" vote on this Well,actually, she does have a vote, but never says "no" to my tech gadget purchases ...

But this time she might kill me
>>
I was thinking for some time to step up from my Kx. Saw great deal online on Canon EOS 60D, decided to try it.
Took camera out of the box, made ~10 shots and ... packed it back.
Even though by all parameters 60D is superior to Kx, it didn't give me that great Pentax feeling so craigslist has it now.

Then ....I yelled "BANZAI!!!!" and pulled the trigger on K5 spending like ~$400 extra
.... getting it tomorrow ... so full of emotions now. - concerned about getting rid of Kx . . excited ... aftraid to be killed by my lovely wife ...
11-17-2011, 03:36 PM   #11
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by ukwoody Quote
My appologies to one and all, but I'm so excited! G/f has just agreed that I can now finally get a K5 with 18-55WR and a second hand 55-300. So on monday it's place the order, and I'll have it a day or two later. With the £90 cashback it's a great price now. Yeahhhh, 12 months of waiting is finally over

I've loved my Fuji s100fs and do realise the K5 is going to be one heck of a learning curve, but just cant wait.

Woody
Congratulations!
11-17-2011, 04:27 PM   #12
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by borysr Quote
aftraid to be killed by my lovely wife ...
At least you are being killed by someone lovely

Tell her she can shoot you at ISO 51,200
11-18-2011, 03:04 AM   #13

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by psychdoc Quote
Tell her she can shoot you at ISO 51,200
haha good one.

It didnt go down too well though when i suggested we would have to upgrade in another 3 years to the lastest model... heehee

woody
11-18-2011, 03:36 AM   #14
Inactive Account

congrats.
11-18-2011, 07:11 AM   #15
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by ukwoody Quote
haha good one.

It didnt go down too well though when i suggested we would have to upgrade in another 3 years to the lastest model... heehee

woody
Wow, I must be lucky to have a good GF then. Mine will pay half for every new body I purchase.