Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
11-24-2011, 02:55 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Adjusting back focus with K5

Hi
I can't find the page in the K5 manual where it tells how to adjust for back focus or front focus with a lens like the Tamron 17-50. I am about to order one and have heard that many of them need to be corrected for back or front focus in camera. If I do get one with that kind of issue I would rather adjust than send back if possible.

11-24-2011, 03:03 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
The adjustment menu is cleverly hidden in the custom function list. First you have to go into the custom function, then select setting 2 (I think) and then you will be able to apply an adjustment.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
11-24-2011, 04:21 PM   #3
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

It is a fine focus adjustment, so if it's wildly off it will need physical calibration with your camera by a qualified repairer.
11-24-2011, 05:11 PM - 1 Like   #4
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
The adjustment menu is cleverly hidden in the custom function list. First you have to go into the custom function, then select setting 2 (I think) and then you will be able to apply an adjustment.
Custom, 4, Item 26 is where you want to go.

Gerrit

11-26-2011, 02:10 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thanks to all of you. Do you know if this is somewhere in the manual I can't seem to find it in the manual. I haven't gone to the in camera menu to adjust anything as I haven't had the need to, I would like to be able to just go to the manual if I can, if not I will write your instructions in my manual.
11-26-2011, 04:03 PM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Page 126 in the manual.