Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-27-2011, 04:55 AM   #1

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Pro shooting Full HD music video: results

Hi anyone interested

I have recently (Friday 25th November 2011) just finished a music video shoot for a well known band in Ireland. The main camera was a RED mysterium and the second camera was my K5, which I handed over to the director to use as and when he could.

I gave him a 17mm Tokina, a 'Lens Baby', a 28-75 Tamron, a 35-70A macro and 55M. The results, although only seen quickly on a lap top screen, are quite fantastic.

The whole look was to be a bit grungy and garage like with mixed lighting and a sort of 'Fight Club' atmosphere. My director was blown away by the way the camera handled the colours and lighting.

I look forward to seeing the final footage graded and cut in with the RED.

I will post a link here when it is finished.

Best
Chris

11-27-2011, 12:28 PM   #2
Banned

Photos: Gallery
Yes the K-5 produces very nice footage. Only downside is that we all are used to look at it on youtube and even a camera like Red looks cheap there.
11-27-2011, 03:00 PM   #3

Original Poster
That's true, though I think the RED and Alexa and 35mm film still looks better than VHS :-)

i was more interested in how good the K5 was compared to the Canon and Nikon cameras. I have used both and know them well. I think it held up very well indeed. There are a few annoyances but so far I like the pictures more.

Chris
11-27-2011, 03:02 PM   #4

Original Poster
Plus, I cannot find any other so called 'professional' videos or films shot on the K5 (apart from that lovely dancing in a car park film). If anyone does have a link, could they post it here..

11-28-2011, 12:47 PM   #5

this one is fantastic
11-28-2011, 06:16 PM   #6

Photos: Gallery
Congrats! Your K5 is probably the first to shoot along the beast of the RED One. Very excited to see this.
12-06-2011, 09:43 AM   #7

Original Poster
So the shoot went well and I have seen a couple of very compressed low res edits since then and the K5 stuff is holding up quite well alongside the RED. I am looking forward to seeing it graded and will post the results here when it is.

Chris