Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
11-28-2011, 09:51 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by humbr Quote
In my experience negative thoughts attract negative occurances.
Well then, that's obviously because you have such negative thoughts about negative thoughts.

You should get over this "nay-sayer" labelling and simply evaluate the evidence for this or that as it comes to you. The power of positive thinking (or negative thinking) has no bearing on the mechanics or software of your camera.

11-29-2011, 12:03 AM   #17
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Correct me if I'm misinformed but I was told that a particular model of Nikon uses the same sensor as the K5. If this is true then one would assume it's come from the same factory and if there were big issues would not the Nikons show it as well?
11-29-2011, 12:33 AM   #18
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Mychael Quote
Correct me if I'm misinformed but I was told that a particular model of Nikon uses the same sensor as the K5. If this is true then one would assume it's come from the same factory and if there were big issues would not the Nikons show it as well?
Before the Pentax flagellants get into their act of self flagellation on this thread again.
Here you are :

Oil Spots on a Nikon D7000 Sensor | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Flickr: Discussing Oil droplets on my lowpass filter in NIKON D7000 CLUB

Flickr: Discussing Spots on My Pic (taken with D7K) in NIKON D7000 CLUB

Flickr: Discussing Cleaning Sensor in NIKON D7000 CLUB

and Pentax chose to issue a statement and offer to correct the problem. Nikon has stayed quiet.
11-29-2011, 12:35 AM   #19
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
New K-5s don't have the stain issue do they? If so the stain issue shouldn't even be considered when deciding to buy a new one.

11-29-2011, 04:27 AM   #20
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by pinholecam Quote
Before the Pentax flagellants get into their act of self flagellation on this thread again.
Call it what you will, but if you do a count on this forum, you will find that the K5 has found at least a dozen ways to self destruct, causing everything from minor inconvenience (stained sensor) to major inconvenience (not being able to change lenses because of the release button falling off) to complete self brickage, not to mention operational failures with the AF not being especially accurate under certain lighting conditions (mine is useless with modeling lights in the studio).
The Pentax apologists are quick to point out that other cameras are not without their faults, but have these cameras come up with as many creative ways to not work, or work in as substandard fashion as the K5?