Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-28-2011, 08:10 AM   #1

Program line indicator?

Hello, everyone;
We just got our K5, upgraded from the K10D... wow! We're setting the customizable features, and want to use the green button to change program line... we've looked, and can't find any indicator on the displays to tell which program line is on..are we missing it? Using the button to toggle through the different lines, I'd lose count in a hurry...we just want to be able to togle between normal and fast priority... any suggestions?
Thanks for your help!!
Rob

11-28-2011, 08:37 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
The P-line setting is a different location than that K10d was (in custom settings). You need to go to the 3rd page of the record menu and you will see Program Line. When you open that up you will find 6 settings for the P-line (auto, normal, hi-speed priority, DOF deep, DOF shallow, and MTF).
11-28-2011, 12:42 PM   #3

Original Poster
Thank you for your reply! I'm afraid I didn't phrase my question well enough...if I set the camera up so that the green button changes the program line ( an option in the menu), is there an indicator on the camera to tell you which program line is active?

I'm just looking for a faster way to change the program line than getting into the menu...but without having to count button pushes as you toggle through the different program lines...the best I've found so far is to setup two different "user" programs, one "normal" and one "hi speed priority", then toggle back and forth as necessary...is there a better way? again, thanks for your input...