Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
12-06-2011, 08:17 AM   #31

UPS and FedEx both pretty good

I ship a lot of expensive electronic test equipment all over the USA for our business and our success rate with both carriers has been very good. With thousands of shipments, only the odd one has gone missing. FedEx did manage the most spectacular damage by crushing one of our reinforced padded shipping boxes between a fork-lift and a door post. That cost them $15,000. For smallish stuff, I have found USPS to be pretty good and often the most cost-effective.

It might make a case for going to your retailer and picking a camera up by hand, rather than having it dropped and bounced through a package delivery service!

Mike

12-06-2011, 08:27 AM   #32
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Stringmike Quote

It might make a case for going to your retailer and picking a camera up by hand, rather than having it dropped and bounced through a package delivery service!

Mike
You must live right up the street from b and h. Most stores don't carry pentax. It seems to have arrived safely though.
12-06-2011, 08:27 AM   #33
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by kenafein Quote
Well maybe not the worst. I do have to see my stepmother on the holidays.
Then I guess it just serves you right.