Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-17-2012, 04:29 PM   #121
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

QuoteOriginally posted by dgaies Quote
True, but compared to the Canon 85/1.8, we're talking about a cost of about 4-5x more
Ya that Canon is way cheaper than I would have imagined.

Well I suppose one could hold out for a Sigma 85/1.4 if they wanted to save a little, but that's still around 3x the cost. Though on the flip-side, you do end-up with a slightly faster lens with likely better IQ.

I like the *85 myself and I think it's worth it's weight in gold, but that's just me.

And then of course, we have many MF options that I think are well worth looking at like the J-9 along with the popular Samyang and its variants and the host of other exotics beyond that, all of which can make for some pretty amazing portrait lenses on the cheap. - So I guess Pentax owners have those sides to play with.

Either way, I think Pentax has quite a bit of potential. Though I do miss the days were the glass was known to be affordable. Which is what motivated me to move to Pentax in the first place.

01-17-2012, 10:33 PM   #122
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I think it's cost is pretty close to it's weight in gold... it had better be worth it!
01-17-2012, 10:36 PM   #123
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Chex Quote
I think it's cost is pretty close to it's weight in gold... it had better be worth it!
Oh heavens no!
This is more along those lines: *60 Jahre* Contax Zeiss Planar T* 85mm F/1.2 MMG 85/1.2 60years | eBay

PS. I'd still buy one if I could afford it btw.