Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-06-2012, 05:35 AM   #16
Banned

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Jasvox Quote
You need a mirror-less ASP-C camera for pretty much unlimited shutter/Time-lapse photography/movie-making. Ever considered the NEX Sony?

Jason
It's not about the mirror. With K-5 you can use Live View and then the mirror is up also. Doesn't such a camera also have a shutter. When using Q with standard 1 lens, the shutter is in the lens.

01-06-2012, 06:42 AM   #17
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by dosdan Quote
Well you don't need to have a new shot every frame. If you use a decent video editor (I use Sony Vegas Pro 8), when you import your large set of stills, you can specify how many frames each image is to occupy. Having one still per frame may well be overkill. 3-4 frames/still may be better.

Another thing: video editors can interpolate between frame changes, so they can create "intermediate" positions.

Here is an example from the Sony Vegas Pro User Manual.
Most software can do the same but 3 or 4 frames per second is too slow though, 12 frames per second is the minium you need for smooth motion.
You can probably take 6 and compute the frames in between.
01-06-2012, 06:45 AM   #18
Veteran Member

Why NEX? The shutter durability is probably the same, isn't it?
PS : Movie mode just flip the mirror 1 time, so if you record a 66 minute video at 25fps you will waste 1 shutter activation, so don't worry about that
01-07-2012, 06:25 AM   #19
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by GabrielFFontes Quote
Why NEX? The shutter durability is probably the same, isn't it?
PS : Movie mode just flip the mirror 1 time, so if you record a 66 minute video at 25fps you will waste 1 shutter activation, so don't worry about that
Yeah, that's like what I meant to say in an earlier post, that it would be good if lapse also had the option through movie mode(as well as stills), where the shutter stays open and the sensor is read at a predetermined rate like once every 10 secs. or minute whatever. That would allow miles of animation with no fear of wearing out the camera.

It obviously could be done since that's what normal movie does.
You can change the frames per sec, why not per min or per hour ?

You can't do animation with many video cameras either (that I'm aware of), yet when I was a young teenager, I had a windup 8mm movie camera that would do frame by frame.

Interesting Huh !