Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-30-2012, 02:24 AM   #1
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Phottix Flash Triggers

Does anyone have experience with Phottix Phottix Strato II Multi flash triggers on K5's or K7 ? I am not too concerned about TTL working, as long as it will not screw up the camera and trigger some Non TTL flashes reliably then I am a happy man.

My current Photix Asters work well enough, but even at close range with the camera turned a certain way the triggering becomes sporadic (Yep, tried new batteries - no difference)

03-21-2012, 01:24 AM   #2
Inactive Account

Using Phottix Strato Triggers with Pentax K5

First the bad news, the TTL pass through does not support P-TTL so you can't use HSS. However, the generic TTL does work from the triggers hot shoe. OK now the good news, the Strato triggers work flawlessly with no mis fires. The range is over 100 meters and from my tests the channel selection settings all work with no problems. There is an option to fire all channels at once which I think is a good feature. Anyway, the build quality is first rate and all of the accessory leads are also first rate. If you order direct from the Phottix Web Store you will save roughly £35 compared to buying from a UK supplier. These triggers are very, very good, I just wish they could provide P-TTL pass through, but I guess you can't
have everything. I have emailed Phottix with a request for P-TTL, I will just have to keep my fingers crossed.
03-22-2012, 08:39 PM   #3
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
Thanks for that, I agree about the P-TTL. But I am glad they are reliable, It gives me some hope
08-07-2013, 06:04 PM   #4

Photos: Gallery
What I want to achieve is the following

Is this possible with the K-5. I also se that the Strato II on ebay are labelled for "Canon" or "Nikon". Can I use those triggers.

04-21-2014, 12:01 PM   #5

QuoteOriginally posted by Fletcher Davies Quote
First the bad news, the TTL pass through does not support P-TTL so you can't use HSS. However, the generic TTL does work from the triggers hot shoe. OK now the good news, the Strato triggers work flawlessly with no mis fires. The range is over 100 meters and from my tests the channel selection settings all work with no problems. There is an option to fire all channels at once which I think is a good feature. Anyway, the build quality is first rate and all of the accessory leads are also first rate. If you order direct from the Phottix Web Store you will save roughly £35 compared to buying from a UK supplier. These triggers are very, very good, I just wish they could provide P-TTL pass through, but I guess you can't
have everything. I have emailed Phottix with a request for P-TTL, I will just have to keep my fingers crossed.
Hello Phandu, you seem to know about the wireless triggers, maybe you can help me.
I purchased a Phottix Canon TTL wireless Flash to use on my K5, the photo store personnel guaranteed me that it would work, stating the "TTL made in a universal remote". But the sending unit doesn't seem to fit on the K5 and I don't want to force it. Does this trigger work with the K5?
Ramonsito
04-21-2014, 12:20 PM   #6

I do not own those triggers so cannot comment, but I doubt wireless P-TTL will work. What is the purpose for buying those triggers ? They are a bit expensive for just wireless triggering.
04-22-2014, 07:31 AM   #7

QuoteOriginally posted by phansu Quote
I do not own those triggers so cannot comment, but I doubt wireless P-TTL will work. What is the purpose for buying those triggers ? They are a bit expensive for just wireless triggering.
Thank you for responding.
I want to use them in soft box that only uses off camera hot shoe flashes.