Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-10-2012, 02:26 PM   #1

Photos: Albums
k5 custom skins?

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

So I came across this on ebay today and was wondering if anyone has seen anything similar for the k5? The seller has several options for several cameras, but the k5 is not of them.

eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices

I am surprised no one else has thought of this yet. You can buy skins for your phones, laptops, mp3, etc. so why not your camera?

I am sure some people will think its a stupid idea, but from the looks of those pictures, they look pretty sleek. Has anyone seen anything like this available for the k5?

02-10-2012, 02:54 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Weather sealed cameras usually don't come apart in a way that would make this possible. I would like to see some options for a different grip. The K-5 Silver had a better grip on it than the regular K-5 and it would be nice if that was an interchangeable accessory.
02-10-2012, 03:06 PM   #3

K5 Silver-Grip

In Germany you could send in your black (normal) K5 to the official Pentax Service Partner. For € 60,- they will change the normal Grip into K5 Silver Grip.

J.
02-10-2012, 03:17 PM   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteQuote:
I am surprised no one else has thought of this yet.
I'm not, at least for that design.

02-10-2012, 03:18 PM   #5

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
Seeing as these are stickers I dont think the weather sealing much matters. These are simply for cosmetic purposes and just stick on over the body. Honestly, though, the quality of these would probably be a problem. They would probably start to peel pretty quickly. I sure think they look sweet though!

QuoteOriginally posted by juekapasta Quote
In Germany you could send in your black (normal) K5 to the official Pentax Service Partner. For € 60,- they will change the normal Grip into K5 Silver Grip.

J.
Whoa! I was not aware of this! Might have to look into it.
02-10-2012, 03:27 PM   #6
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by juekapasta Quote

J.
Good to know. I will have to look into that option here in the states.