Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-21-2012, 11:46 AM   #1
Banned

Help!!!! My K5 has gone nuts.

So I take the Kenko auto extension tube off, and put the 100mm macro WR back on ( without the extension tube)

All of a sudden the camera prompts to input focal length.
Fine I input 100mm

Next thing you know auto focus doesn;t work............and the F number is blank on the top screen ( next to the shutter release button)

Second problem : I have the camera set to NOT fire when subject is not in focus.
CAMERA FIRES AT ANYTHING...........IN FOCUS, OUT OF FOCUS.....YOU NAME IT, WITH LENS CAP ON.
This things gone crazy.

02-21-2012, 11:48 AM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Have you cleaned your lens mount and all the contacts? That's most likely the problem. Also make sure your camera is in AF mode.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
02-21-2012, 11:51 AM   #3
Veteran Member

If what Adam said does not work, then take the battery out, count till ten, and put it back in again. If this does not work, send your camera AND lens in for repair.
Sorry for your grief...

BTW, did one ever wondered why Pentax does no more carries extension tubes, there must be a reason, not?

Last edited by philippe; 02-21-2012 at 11:56 AM.
02-21-2012, 12:18 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Reset as well...

QuoteOriginally posted by philippe Quote
If what Adam said does not work, then take the battery out, count till ten, and put it back in again. If this does not work, send your camera AND lens in for repair.
Sorry for your grief...

BTW, did one ever wondered why Pentax does no more carries extension tubes, there must be a reason, not?
I would try a reset as a last resort before sending it in for service. Just saying...

02-21-2012, 12:32 PM   #5
Pentaxian

To get the camera to operate with the Kenko tube you would surely have had to alter settings. Can't think what though.

Anyway, check your settings and re-set where necessary. The camera will not revert automatically.
02-21-2012, 12:44 PM   #6
Banned

Original Poster
Fixed.
All I did was wipe the contacts off.

To get the camera to operate with this Kenko extension, no setting need to be altered.
It's a 25mm auto focus extension tube for Pentax.
Bougth it from a forum member here and it works like a charm.
02-21-2012, 12:44 PM   #7
Banned

Original Poster
Thanks gentlemen.

02-22-2012, 12:37 AM   #8
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by lammie200 Quote
I would try a reset as a last resort before sending it in for service. Just saying...
Why? I am just curios...