Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-27-2012, 04:48 PM   #1
rlatjsrud

as a photographer....

My major is.......... photographer in NY. I appreciated many photos of photographer of portrait and impressive landscape like Henri Crtier Bresson's pictures...

I use K-5 and 16-50 (actually, I use standard prime lens). For few years, I learned some technics .

I have 8 month for making portfolio. I always thinking about photo for impressive.

Lightroom does not help me well...

Any advice for me???

02-27-2012, 05:00 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Learn Lightroom. There is no reason it shouldn't help you.

Do more than appreciate. Emulate. Copy your masters and learn from the process.

Also, it is quite difficult understanding your English. I guess at a language barrier. This could do with improvement too. Or, strive instead to communicate through your images.
02-27-2012, 05:42 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Maybe post your pictures here so we can look at your photos. There are many good photographers here that can help you take better photos or to process your photos better in lightroom. Maybe participate in photo clubs and see what others are doing. Most of all, take a lot of pictures and learn to get better.

Good luck!
02-27-2012, 05:44 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Lightroom will not help you make impressive photos. You need to take those your self. :-)

OK, seriously... It could potentially help impressive photos become more impressive.
Unless I am doing composites or other complex manipulation, 95% of my photos are touched by nothing other than Lightroom.
You will find many photographers say the same thing.
It can go a long way to improving bland photos and making them pop like you thought you saw on location.

What do you want the software to do?

You may need assistance of Photoshop Elements, or maybe just a few plug-ins like NIK software, Topaz Adjust or OnOne software. and as a last resort, perhaps Photoshop.

02-28-2012, 02:36 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by rparmar Quote
Also, it is quite difficult understanding your English.
I agree that the question is not quite clear; I would guess he/she needs a bit of help with LR.
QuoteOriginally posted by rparmar Quote
This could do with improvement too
Looking at his username, English might well not be his/her native language. Give it time, it will improve. I know, I have been there.

Last edited by sterretje; 02-28-2012 at 02:41 AM.
02-28-2012, 11:51 AM   #6

Shoot raw and take a great photo and LR can make it knock a viewers socks off. It's not as complicated as it looks. YouTube videos are a plenty on using LR.
02-29-2012, 08:59 PM   #7
rlatjsrud

Thank you all of you. OK next time, I'll post some photos for help^^