Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-12-2012, 12:02 PM   #1
Inactive Account

Hot Pixel In Video (youtube example)

I was a little disappointed to find my K-5 (just bought a month ago) has a hot pixel in video. I didn't buy it for video of course, but it would be nice to use. My still pics are clear of any artifacts, so my guess is the "bad pixel map" is not used in video? Does the K-01 support this?

Here's a glaring example from a concert I went to last night (jazz fusion guitarist Allan Holdsworth); upper-right about a quarter down from the top (probably need it in full-screen):

jeez now I notice a fainter "hot pixel" down to the left

It's not a huge deal - is there a program to "fill" these in a video?

03-12-2012, 04:05 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Have you tried Pixel Mapping?
03-12-2012, 04:11 PM   #3
Inactive Account

Original Poster
well yeah, that was my point - the pixel mapping works for stills but not video. I did find a slight workaround -- if you are in a "PASM" still mode and go to "Live View", then switch to Video, it seems to use the correction. So instead of a white-hot single pixel I have a dim grey pixel, which is a little better. I guess that's about the best workaround I can do. I suppose one hot pixel is within "spec" for Pentax so I can't get a replacement etc (I bought the camera new from B&H about 5 weeks ago).
03-12-2012, 04:13 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Sorry, I'm stupid tonight. I had a long and tough day at work so my brain can't read properly.

03-12-2012, 04:22 PM   #5
Inactive Account

Original Poster
no prob, at least the "switch from LiveView" trick gets the white-hot/bright pixel down to a more neutral dim gray. until I find some sort of video post-processor.....