Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-14-2012, 09:55 AM   #1
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Pentax K-5 Special: Buy one and get 1 year of site supporter status!

We're teaming up with our affiliates to help promote the Pentax K-5, which has a $300 instant rebate in the US that expires on March 31st. Once the rebate expires, the price of the K-5 will likely stay high due to the upcoming announcement of a successor.

We really liked the camera ourselves, and if you find that it's the right choice for you and you decide to take the plunge, we will upgrade your account with one year of site supporter status and marketplace access if you get the camera at B&H or Adorama, two of our partners and two of the most trustworthy photo stores in the US! We will also give away a free Pentax IR remote control to one you! (note that normally, these upgrades only last for one month)

The K-5 at B&H Photo
The K-5 at Adorama

By buying the K-5, you will help support us, our partners, and most importantly, PENTAX themselves, so that they can keep on making some great camera in the future (including that rumored full-frame!). We hope you enjoy this camera! Note that you must click on one of the links above, and MUST follow this guide in order for your account to be upgraded.

Note that this offer also applies to the Pentax Q or Pentax K-01 should you decide to go for either of those cameras as well, or as alternatives. Offer valid from 3/14/2012 through 5/31/2012.

03-14-2012, 11:38 AM   #2
Veteran Member

" the price of the K-5 will likely stay high due to the upcoming announcement of a successor."

Doesn't make any sense. If anything the announcement of a successor will only drive the price of the K-5 down
03-14-2012, 11:55 AM   #3
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
On the used market, sure- but not on the new market. Just look at how much people charged for the K-7 until stock ran out - $1195!

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
03-14-2012, 12:07 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote

We're teaming up with our affiliates to help promote the Pentax K-5, which has a $300 instant rebate in the US that expires on March 31st. Once the rebate expires, the price of the K-5 will likely stay high due to the upcoming announcement of a successor.

We really liked the camera ourselves, and if you find that it's the right choice for you and you decide to take the plunge, we will upgrade your account with one year of site supporter status and marketplace access if you get the camera at B&H or Adorama, two of our partners and two of the most trustworthy photo stores in the US! We will also give away a free Pentax IR remote control to one you! (note that normally, these upgrades only last for one month)

The K-5 at Adorama
The K-5 at B&H Photo

By buying the K-5, you will help support us, our partners, and most importantly, PENTAX themselves, so that they can keep on making some great camera in the future (including that rumored full-frame!). We hope you enjoy this camera! Note that you must click on one of the links above, and follow this guide in order for your account to be upgraded.

Note that this offer also applies to the Pentax Q or Pentax K-01 should you decide to go for either of those cameras as well, or as alternatives. Offer valid from 3/14/2012 through 5/31/2012.

Very interesting: "the upcoming announcement of a successor"

I couldn't help but notice this part of your message !

I don't really care about the ongoing price of the K5 - I have one already and very satisfied with it - but what really buzzes is the "upcoming announcement"

What do you know that we don't ?

Cheers.

JP

03-14-2012, 12:09 PM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

He'll never tell, until we know what he knows that we don't.
03-14-2012, 12:26 PM   #6
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
Hi, I am a new member and I just purchased the Pentax K-5 from Adorama on Monday. I also just signed up for the forum yesterday, am I eligible for membership upgrade?
03-14-2012, 01:12 PM   #7
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by FenderGirl Quote
Hi, I am a new member and I just purchased the Pentax K-5 from Adorama on Monday. I also just signed up for the forum yesterday, am I eligible for membership upgrade?
I am not seeing any K-5 orders in the system right now. If you didn't follow this procedure, then we can't upgrade your account even if Adorama was willing to retroactively apply this offer.

Adam

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
03-14-2012, 03:35 PM   #8
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Adorama and B&H should offer a kit with the 40mm XS, your image is such a tease!
03-14-2012, 05:42 PM   #9
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
Honestly I think that would sell really well. But Pentax is notorious for failing to offer attractive kits- I still don't get why they're not bundling the 18-135mm with the K-5.

Adam

03-14-2012, 06:02 PM   #10
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

How long is this gonna run? I am planning on buying a k-5 before the rebate expires.

JJ
03-14-2012, 06:07 PM   #11
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
Through 5/31. Just keep this in the back of your head!

Adam

03-14-2012, 06:14 PM   #12
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Soon as my tax return posts, I am going to b&H no worries

JJ
03-14-2012, 06:19 PM   #13
Inactive Account

I wish I understood what "site supporter status" is. Why don't people write in English?
03-14-2012, 06:22 PM   #14
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
Here's a link for you: https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/forum-suggestions-news-help/111032-need-m...supporter.html

Adam

03-14-2012, 06:44 PM   #15
Pentaxian

Dangit... I knew I should've waited. I pulled the trigger last night, and I could've sworn that I clicked a K-5 link on this forum to purchase it from B&H. How would we know if we did it right?