Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-15-2012, 01:29 PM   #1
Forum Member

Auto ISO default.

So I've been playing and learning all the new features after updating from the K-r. I'm curious to know if there is a way to set up the camera so that when it is turned on it isnt in auto ISO. The manual says it is the default but I would rather have a set ISO as the default and be able to switch it to auto. When out shooting I turn the camera on and off frequently and hitting the ISO button and dialing in a set ISO every time is tiresome. I also don't just want to set the auto ISO parameters to meet my set needs because sometimes I do want the auto ISO quickly. I can't seem to find the setting but I imagine there is a way. Anybody know?

I usually shoot in Av or M but have been experimenting with TAv (which of course this whole question doesnt apply to) and P.

Thanks!

03-15-2012, 03:22 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Have you tried telling the camera to save sensitivity settings into memory when the camera is turned off? (Page 312 of the K-5 manual).

Creating a User mode with the settings you like may also be a good way to do what you want (page 227 of the manual).
03-16-2012, 08:17 AM   #3
Forum Member

Original Poster
Aha! Thanks Rawr! That was it! The sensitivity box was the only one unchecked in the memory tab of the menu. I checked it and now when I turn the camera on the ISO is set and right where I left it.