Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-16-2012, 05:20 PM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Stumped

OK this one has me stumped. I've looked in the manual, but couldn't find it, or did find it, and just can't get it to work properly...

On my K7, when I preview a image I've taken, if I turned my camera 90 degrees, the image would rotate. I really like that feature, but for the life of me I can't figure out how to do this on my K5. I must be losing my mind. I hope they didn't take that option away.

03-16-2012, 05:30 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
On the display menu (second tab), select and check mark "auto-image-rotation".
03-16-2012, 05:34 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by aleonx3 Quote
On the display menu (second tab), select and check mark "auto-image-rotation".
It is checked, but no rotation. That was the one I figured should do it.
03-16-2012, 05:44 PM   #4
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

this may or may not answer your question...when you take a picture you will see a little green arrow at the bottom right...if you hit the flash arrow you will get an image rotation view and you can look at it at any angle you want...also if you set auto image rotation on the menu step 1 section it will automatically rotate vertical to horizontal...you can change the setting in menu back and it will rotate the picture back to original vertical...in all cases you can still access the roate key and change the view...hope this helps and i'm not confusing you more..amy

03-16-2012, 05:45 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Not sure if this will help but you may notice green arrows either side of the check box and when going to either of these they put a tick in the check box, well un-tick the check box with the arrow key and re-tick the check box with the "Okay" button. Mine now rotates the image with rotation of the camera. Worth a try!
03-16-2012, 05:52 PM   #6
Col
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by eccs19 Quote
OK this one has me stumped. I've looked in the manual, but couldn't find it, or did find it, and just can't get it to work properly...

On my K7, when I preview a image I've taken, if I turned my camera 90 degrees, the image would rotate. I really like that feature, but for the life of me I can't figure out how to do this on my K5. I must be losing my mind. I hope they didn't take that option away.
The K-5 doesn't have that image review option. Only menus auto rotate with the camera. It was always thought that the first firmware update would reintroduce the feature... but it never has. The check box is to have the orientation saved in the image metadata for later display on PC etc.
03-16-2012, 06:27 PM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by eaglem Quote
Not sure if this will help but you may notice green arrows either side of the check box and when going to either of these they put a tick in the check box, well un-tick the check box with the arrow key and re-tick the check box with the "Okay" button. Mine now rotates the image with rotation of the camera. Worth a try!
I had tried that, as I thought the same thing, but still no joy. Thanks for trying.

03-16-2012, 06:28 PM   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Col Quote
The K-5 doesn't have that image review option. Only menus auto rotate with the camera. It was always thought that the first firmware update would reintroduce the feature... but it never has. The check box is to have the orientation saved in the image metadata for later display on PC etc.
You mean my K7 will do it, but not the K5? That's a real bummer. I really liked that feature.
03-16-2012, 06:45 PM   #9
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by eccs19 Quote
You mean my K7 will do it, but not the K5? That's a real bummer.
That sums it up.
03-16-2012, 10:37 PM   #10
Veteran Member

I'm not to sure if it's on the K5 but there is another setting to do with Rotation thats #33 Saving Rotation Info (Page 225 K7 manual)