Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-17-2012, 12:04 PM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Home location with GPS

Hi freinds.

Can anyone tell me how to set my home location on my K5 when using GPS. It suggest several places but non of then are Denmark.
When I take a picture I get the distance from etc Tokio Japan, but I would like to know the distance from my home.
Don't know if it i me doing someting wrong, but I can't change it to other places than those in the menu.
What do you other guys do?

Erik

03-17-2012, 12:29 PM   #2

Hej Erik!

I don't have my camera and GPS with me so I cannot give you very precise instructions.
However, I remember recording the "Home" coordinates by taking a picture while being at home (with the GPS on of course), then when reviewing the picture on the camera, I seem to remember that there was an option to record the coordinates from the picture, into the camera's waypoints. I believe that was available in the reviewing screen where you see the actual coordinates where the picture was taken...

It's not very clear, but I hope this helps.

François
03-17-2012, 05:20 PM   #3
DAZ
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

The way the files work with the GPS on the camera is very confusing. This is from my memory so I may get a detail a little wrong as I don’t have the manual or camera with me.

With the GPS on the camera in the camera you can only have 9 GPS locations stored. It also comes with the 9 pre-loaded locations in the camera. This is one of the confusing things about this. You can store these or more locations on a card but you can only have the 9 in the camera at a time. The file structure a little particular and I don’t remember exactly how you move them to the card but I can give that to you tomorrow if you need that. If you don’t care about the locations that came with the GPS then you can delete them. After you delete a location you can then add a new location. Also any photo in the camera that is loaded on the card can be a location that you can navigate to. The photo will even have a little icon of the photo if you use it as one of the 9 in camera location but only as long as you leave the photo on the card and it is in the camera.

DAZ
03-18-2012, 06:37 AM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Thank you both.
It seems to work now, fine explanation DAZ.
Nice to have some experts here on the forum.

Erik