Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
03-22-2012, 08:31 PM   #16
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
Ole, our other administrator, went down the same route! Now there's a Silver K-7 on the marketplace as well!

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
03-23-2012, 03:33 AM   #17
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Tonto Quote
Alas no $$$ and my cameras are still going strong - would be tempting for us Australians as it dips below the $1000 gst threshold meaning we don't need to pay local tax on an overseas purchase.
There are good local deals to be had on camera gear. Australian based DWI online camera store is selling K5 bodies for AU$862 (and that is including GST I believe).

I would have bought from them if they had the silver K5 - but they don't - so I just placed an order with B&H.
03-23-2012, 10:56 AM   #18
Forum Member

just placed an order. k-5 and the grip.
I could start a museum of Pentax gear.
03-24-2012, 04:50 AM   #19
Veteran Member

Hi,

Adam, will the price change at the end of the month apply to UK/Europe? If so I'm buying now...

03-26-2012, 12:06 AM   #20

I am about to jump in with 2 year extended warranty; but both Adorama & B&H (along with Amazon) ran out of stock for this warranty. Warranty out of stock, I do not get it. But that shows demand increase for K-5 camera? :-) Looking for alternate places for 2 years extended warranty.
03-26-2012, 01:36 PM   #21

You can get the 2-year extended warranty from Adorama by adding it to the cart but for B&H you have to call in to add it to your order. I'm about to buy one and noticed the same thing on both sites.
03-26-2012, 05:41 PM   #22

Photos: Gallery
I just run into the same warranty out of stock. Any chance that Pentax may have decided not to provide the warranty with the camera at the lower price ? The fact that the retailer may take the order is no assurance that it will materialize because it is on the hands of Pentax to make them available.

03-26-2012, 06:00 PM   #23
Veteran Member

Just Out of Stock I Think

QuoteOriginally posted by TonyL Quote
I just run into the same warranty out of stock. Any chance that Pentax may have decided not to provide the warranty with the camera at the lower price ? The fact that the retailer may take the order is no assurance that it will materialize because it is on the hands of Pentax to make them available.
The two year warranty was available for me to purchase with my B&H K5 last week so I ordered it with my camera.

It was not easy to find, however, and I had to specifically search for it.

I suspect that it is simply out of stock due to increased demand brooght on by the sale price. It is a little card so they have to physically have them to sell them.

Ray
03-26-2012, 06:00 PM   #24
Veteran Member

Just Out of Stock I Think

QuoteOriginally posted by TonyL Quote
The two year warranty was available for me to purchase with my B&H K5 last week so I ordered it with my camera.

It was not easy to find, however, and I had to specifically search for it.

I suspect that it is simply out of stock due to increased demand brought on by the sale price. It is a little card so they have to physically have them to sell them.

NOTE: B&H now shows temporarily out of stock.

Ray
03-26-2012, 06:59 PM   #25
Veteran Member

Adorama shows the Pentax warranty in stock.

This same exact thing happened with the Cyber Monday special. The price was the same at that time from both B&H & Adorama, and back then B&H ran out of stock for the warranty. You can purchase the warranty within 30 days of purchasing the camera and it doesn't have to be from the same vendor.

If you want to buy the warranty from the same vendor as the camera, and want to do it now, it looks like Adorama is your choice.
03-26-2012, 07:14 PM   #26
MSL
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Canada has enjoyed lower prices for a while- glad that most of the markup has finally been shaved off in the US as well
I haven't done an extensive survey, but the price at Henry's has already gone back up quite a bit (or their discounts are as generous as they were back in January.
Aden Camera in downtown Toronto is still listing the K-5 body at $955+tax.
03-27-2012, 11:48 AM   #27
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
With the instant rebate expiring on the K-5, the price should go up after this weekend...

https://www.pentaxforums.com/news/pentax-k-5-rebate-ending.html

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
03-27-2012, 05:09 PM   #28

$950 at 42nd Street Photo
Pentax 14748 - K5 - Pentax - 16.3 Megapixel Digital Camera Body
03-27-2012, 07:26 PM   #29
Veteran Member

I will be very surprise if price go up. If so , they will annonce a new rebate as of April 15