Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-25-2012, 06:30 AM   #31

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Welfl Quote
Wow! And Denver is the home of Pentax USA!? Wow...... All this time I was thinking I would have to go all the way to Denver if I ever wanted to look at a Pentax camera in person (which I wouldn't have done anyway). [Note: The only place I could find just now that definitely carries Pentax products in Colorado (at least east of the Rockies?) is the Camera Trader in Englewood; but that is all used stuff. They have a decent selection of used Pentax lenses (mostly manual), but not much else.]
I've visited the Pentax USA office, and the folks there are very friendly and are happy to show you the various pieces of equipment (all you have to do is email or call them and set up an appointment ahead of time), but unfortunately, there are no retail outlets in the Denver area that carry it. Yes, you can find some used Pentax equipment at Camera Trader or Englewood Camera, but there's not that much really, and it is mostly manual.

03-25-2012, 08:09 AM   #32

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by emergo Quote
I've visited the Pentax USA office, and the folks there are very friendly and are happy to show you the various pieces of equipment (all you have to do is email or call them and set up an appointment ahead of time)
It's good to know that. I've actually been wondering how realistic it would be to visit their office -- and what I would see if I went there.

I think I would enjoy working for Pentax in some capacity (using my English degree, my 38 years of enthusiast photographic experience, my 24 years of Mac experience, my sales skills and my ability to learn very, very quickly, if I do say so myself). I would especially love to get a crack at rewriting their camera manuals.
03-25-2012, 11:13 AM   #33
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Welfl Quote
I would especially love to get a crack at rewriting their camera manuals.
Priority No. 1 IMHO...
03-25-2012, 03:40 PM   #34

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Giklab Quote
Priority No. 1 IMHO...
You said it!

The same holds true for practically every other manual that comes with products designed in Japan.