Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
04-04-2012, 12:10 AM   #61

Just got my today! I like this little camera. When I had the first shot(forgot to put card in then check the first photo taken shutter count was 2 I was worried that this was a defect, then realize I "took" a photo before the first photo). Anyway, I check the focus with a ruler I didn't find any problem. The only problem I had was the SD card stuck in the card slot but I fixed it by sanded the card(it was a cheap transcend card and now it can get out very easily). I was amazed by the shutter sound because I used the Pentax 67 for a while and that makes loud sound, but I like it. Bought this camera because I need to be a better photographer before I burn more money in buying and developing films, and a DSLR is a great tool because it's pretty much free for taking photos(except for buying the camera and lenses). It's sad to see the pentax lenses has gone up but it doesn't affect me much because $500 for a 15mm limited is still a lot to me. Plus I have a pentax 67+45mm which can give me much better result than any of the limited lenses. For digital, I bought a 18-55mm lens off adorama for $38 and I think it's wide enough to be a great landscape lens. For the lens quality I'm not printing large so I don't think a limited lens would matter that much. Thanks for the info Jeffshaddix!

04-04-2012, 04:40 AM   #62
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by awaldram Quote
Unfortenatley I suspect Falks 'report' has meant many with a faulty colour sensor believe the low light focus issue is normal.
What makes you so sure?

There is no dedicated colour sensor. The metering sensor doubles as a colour temperature sensor. If AF issues were caused by a defective colour sensor, they should come with metering issues as well.

Falk's report wasn't the only evidence for low light AF issues. I find it hard to believe that are "good" and "bad" K-5's out there. It is far more likely that some simply do not challenge the K-5 sufficiently to see the issue.