Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-26-2012, 02:30 PM   #1

Problems with O-GPS1

Hi All,

I have just been trying the Astro facility on my O-GPS1 for the first time and I'm having problems getting it to take an exposure of anything other than 1/25s.

This is on a K5 with the 18-135 zoom. I've done the precise calibration thing, set it on B, 2s self timer, manual focus, ISO 100, F/22, and set the timed exposure to 1'30" but it just keeps taking 1/25s exposures. Am I doing something wrong, or do I have a duff unit?

TIA

Nick

03-26-2012, 03:53 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by NickW Quote
Hi All,

I have just been trying the Astro facility on my O-GPS1 for the first time and I'm having problems getting it to take an exposure of anything other than 1/25s.

This is on a K5 with the 18-135 zoom. I've done the precise calibration thing, set it on B, 2s self timer, manual focus, ISO 100, F/22, and set the timed exposure to 1'30" but it just keeps taking 1/25s exposures. Am I doing something wrong, or do I have a duff unit?

TIA

Nick
Did you go into the GPS menu and set how long to keep the shutter open? I've only used mine once, and with less than stellar results, but the O-GPS would tell me the maximum length I could keep the shutter open, and then I could set the time, press OK, and then press the shutter in Bulb mode. The menu would automagically close the shutter at the end of the set time.
03-26-2012, 04:22 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Once you've set the time to expose in the GPS menu are you then going up two items to the 'Start Shooting' caption and pressing 'OK' on that?

It should then prompt you to 'Press the shutter release button to initiate ASTROTRACER'

Otherwise, it will just use whatever you have set without using the time you've set in the GPS menu.
03-27-2012, 12:59 AM   #4

Original Poster
Thanks for replying. the answer is yes in both cases.

03-27-2012, 01:09 AM   #5
Pentaxian

You can't answer yes to both as they describe different ways, you have to follow mtansleys directions and select the start shooting option.
03-27-2012, 02:51 AM   #6

Original Poster
I'm afraid I've been a bit of a doofus. I was selecting the Star Shooting item and then pressing the shutter release rather than the OK button. But thanks for the help. I'll have another go tonight and see if I get anything worth the effort.

Thanks guys.
03-27-2012, 03:22 AM   #7
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by NickW Quote
I'm afraid I've been a bit of a doofus. I was selecting the Star Shooting item and then pressing the shutter release rather than the OK button. But thanks for the help. I'll have another go tonight and see if I get anything worth the effort.

Thanks guys.
That's caught me out a couple of times in the past on the K-5. Selecting an item and then not pushing the 'OK' button.