Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
03-31-2012, 10:03 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Maybe there is something amiss, from a hardware standpoint. I was hoping we could rule that out, one way or another. That sucks. If you just got it, try to exchange it, it'd be a lot faster for you than a repair.

03-31-2012, 10:24 PM   #17
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Philoslothical Quote
Maybe there is something amiss, from a hardware standpoint. I was hoping we could rule that out, one way or another. That sucks. If you just got it, try to exchange it, it'd be a lot faster for you than a repair.
Yeah, I got the camera from "camera land" who was having a close out sale for the K-5, so I doubt they have any left. I'll call them Monday to find out.

The good thing is that it's consistently off, so if they just bump the AF correction more in debug mode, it should be an easy fix...
03-31-2012, 10:29 PM   #18
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by jeffshaddix Quote
The good thing is that it's consistently off, so if they just bump the AF correction more in debug mode, it should be an easy fix...
Well, that wouldn't be so bad then. You can do that yourself, I think? If the lens release button eventually pops, you can get CRIS to service both things at once. That's some crappy luck with a new K-5 though.
04-01-2012, 02:31 PM   #19
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Philoslothical Quote
Well, that wouldn't be so bad then. You can do that yourself, I think? If the lens release button eventually pops, you can get CRIS to service both things at once. That's some crappy luck with a new K-5 though.
I seem to have bad luck with Pentax cameras. When I got my K-7 a couple years back, I had to exchange it once for a faulty LCD, and once for receiving a used copy that was supposed to be new. Then the third K-7 had this exact same focusing problem. I shipped it to CRIS, and they fixed it perfectly, but boy what a headache.

All things considered, I'm glad my K-5 doesn't have worse problems...

04-03-2012, 07:09 PM   #20
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
For anyone interested in my AF issues, it looks to be low light related, and I started a seperate thread here:

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-k-5-forum/181222-k-5-low-tungsten-...send-cris.html