Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 3 Likes Search this Thread
04-04-2012, 02:12 PM   #1

Photos: Gallery | Albums
K-5 and Chinon - Exakta lens

I am proud owner of K-5 and two lenses for it, but today I took advantage of an excellent opportunity to buy a classic film camera; Chinon CP 5 twin program and with it I got the lens AutoChinon 50mm / f 1.9 and Exakta 70-210mm / f 4, 5 to 5.6 MC MACRO ( made in Japan) with marks: PK-A/R xxxxxxxxxx. I read the online manual for this camera and find out that this lenses is with K-mount. My question is: can I connect these two lenses on my K-5 without any risk, without any special adapters, turn off autofocus function and / or other possible function? I know that some functions will be disabled whit this lenses. Sorry for my bad English and if I missing forum area. Thanks in advance.

04-04-2012, 05:50 PM - 1 Like   #2
Veteran Member

Yes, the lenses will fit on your K5 with no special adapters. *BUT* a lens marked A/R might have the bothersome Ricoh pin. This is a pin in the lens base that can get stuck in the camera's lens mount. DO NOT MOUNT THE LENSES NOW! Search here for RICOH PIN and you'll find instructions on how to remove the pin. Once the pin is gone, the lenses will work fine. They will have all their functions except autofocus.

EDIT: Here is a web page that tells how to remove the pin: http://www.theatreofnoise.com/2008/05/ricoh-lenses-on-pentax-cameras-ricoh.html

Last edited by RioRico; 04-04-2012 at 06:00 PM.
04-04-2012, 07:15 PM   #3
Forum Member

Photos: Albums
Hi, I also have a K5 and I would love to try the lenses of the Chinon CP5 of my father as well! Please keep my posted dear Croatian Pentaxian!

Thanks for the advice about the pin RioRico!

Ferdinand
04-05-2012, 04:20 PM   #4

Original Poster
Thanks to both

RioRico, thank you for warning me how to remove the pin. I saw the pin and convince myself that he is very small, rounded, very little stands out above the mount. Several times I put the lens on the camera and not once had a pin stuck in it. Anyway, thank you very much for the advice. I understand how the pin removed from the lens if I'll be in trouble.
Ferdinand, for now I have not the slightest objection to the lenses except as noted RioRico, autofocus does not work. I go to the Easter holidays on the Adriatic coast in the town of Novalja on the island of Pag with my Pentax, I hope the lovely moments together. I will make a couple of photos in the gallery as an example.
Many sunny greetings from Croatia.
Mario

04-05-2012, 04:40 PM - 1 Like   #5
Forum Member

Photos: Albums
Thanks Mario! I am looking forward to see some pics!
Ferdinand (the Hungarian)
04-05-2012, 05:08 PM - 1 Like   #6

Original Poster
Ferdinand, two-three hundred years ago we had a common king Ferdinand with the full name of Ferdinand Karl Leopold Joseph Franz Marcelin (1793-1875). The famous phrase of the Croatian - Hungarian war: "The King of Croatian declared war on the king of Hungary, while the Emperor of Austria was neutral, while all three monarchs were the same person."
Mario
04-05-2012, 06:18 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
rio4, I have Chinon 50mm/F1.9 auto lens. It's a very good lens that comes with my 25 yrs old Chinon CM-5 film camera. It perfectly mount on my K200D, so I assume that it works for K5 as well.

See my blog: Chinon 50mm F1.9 Auto

04-11-2012, 10:55 AM   #8

Original Poster
Ohce, I am very pleased with your answer and pictures, I hope at least similar results. Now I am in a bit bigger problems: my flash Metz 50 AF-1 is generally stuck in my K-5 and does not want to be separated from him. I'm trying to find answers to this and similar forums, but flash is still on the camera. I get any solution for removing flash. Thx.
06-20-2012, 06:56 PM   #9
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Sorry, rio4. I have no idea.

QuoteOriginally posted by rio4 Quote
Ohce, I am very pleased with your answer and pictures, I hope at least similar results. Now I am in a bit bigger problems: my flash Metz 50 AF-1 is generally stuck in my K-5 and does not want to be separated from him. I'm trying to find answers to this and similar forums, but flash is still on the camera. I get any solution for removing flash. Thx.
06-21-2012, 02:55 AM   #10
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Hi Mario,
not all PK-A/R lenses have a pin, some of them have a contact ( a little metal ball) which is rather harmless.
the Exakta 70-210mm is made by Sigma in Japan, nothing special but usable. Some people reckon that it has nice MACRO.
I never used one.
the Chinon 50mm/F1.9 is very capable lens , you need to use it in M with Green Button stop down metering.
some photos with this lens:
Chinon 50 1.9+Macro MC7 2x - a set on Flickr
enjoy lenses!
kind regards
jack