Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-05-2012, 11:56 PM   #1

Can K-5 camera use Old K1000 Lenses!!!

Hi Guys,

I am new to this forum, and I am also new to photography, Ive been shooting for over a year now with my K1000, I have one question its more of a inquisition, I want to know if the lenses I use on my K1000(55mm f2,50mm f2, 28mm f2.8, 35mm f1.8, 85mm f1.8, 55-200mm f3.5-5.6), can be used on say a digital camera like a K-5. Also want extra information on whether or not these would auto focus/ is there an adapter that I should buy to get shooting with/ some photo links taken by users who have successfully done this.

Thanks you all in advance.

Regards,
Hrgagan

04-05-2012, 11:57 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Yes, you can use them all, and you don't need an adapter.

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-lens-articles/110657-how-use-meter...k-x-k-7-a.html

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
04-06-2012, 12:07 AM   #3

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Awesome, amazing thread to start off...
Thank you so much....

Regards,
Hrgagan
04-06-2012, 03:48 AM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Just to answer the last part of your question - it would depend on the type of lenses you have. If they are auto focus lenses, then yes they would autofocus. The K1000 was not an autofocus camera - so if the lenses were of the same vintage of the camera body, then probably not. The K, M and A type lenses - no , the F and FA lenses then yes.

Even if you are using the K,M and A lenses on a K5 (or other digital Pentax body), the body will report focus through both the viewfinder and with the audio beep when as you manually focus the lens, the camera will detect focus and report it with the little red square over the area found to be in focus, and the little green hexagonal in the viewfinder status line. So there is focus assistance available. You can also use liveview on the back screen of the camera to also focus.

04-06-2012, 07:42 AM   #5
Veteran Member

No, you can't use those lenses. Send them all to me. Especially the 35 and 85. I'll dispose of them safely.
04-06-2012, 02:23 PM   #6
dms
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
If the lenses are not pentax (e.g., kiron made for vivitar) sometimes mounting the lens is blocked by too large a rear piece that protects the aperture (control) tab--sorry I forgot the correct term so you can google it. If so remove it (3 small screws).