Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-07-2012, 07:27 AM   #46
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
A good thing to do with overlapping subjects is a double process, first substacks then stack of the substacks. I used that technique here, it was a disaster until I did it this way.

05-07-2012, 02:52 PM   #47
jac
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Nice work, Nass. Crisp and clean.
05-07-2012, 02:57 PM   #48
Veteran Member

I'm tempted to rename this thread to "PF stacking club"...everyone else has a flamin club, not fair!! Thank you Jac, appreciated
05-07-2012, 10:45 PM   #49

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Nass Quote
A good thing to do with overlapping subjects is a double process, first substacks then stack of the substacks. I used that technique here, it was a disaster until I did it this way.
Good picture, Nass!

01-25-2013, 09:45 AM   #50
Forum Member

Good info here. I just purchased a stackshot extended package with battery pack, back up battery, controller mount and cable for my k-5. I have been pondering over getting one for quite awhile. It seemed so expensive to me but honestly, what does a high end macro lens cost these days in comparison? I guess the point I meant to make with that question is, I should be able to get a heck of a lot more milage out of my 100mm WR and my 35 macro lenses with that system.

The cognisys team are excellent at answering questions btw. An added plus is that they have a sense of humor.

Nice stacks on here. I look forward to playing with my new toy. Will post shots after it arrives and after I have found something to stack during this cold Winter.

I asked the team what the operating temperatures of the system was because I figured I would try to stack frost crystals or snow flakes first. They were quick to respond over facebook and they told me it will operate down to negative 20 degrees C.
11-28-2013, 09:53 AM   #51
Veteran Member

Cognisys have very good customer service and so does Zerene Systems. It's a good crowd. Fwiw, and for future reference, plenty of focus stacking info on my new site - see Focus Stacking.