Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-21-2012, 09:11 AM   #1

Photos: Gallery | Albums
K-5 Night Shot, Pier 60

I found a new vantage point for taking pictures of Pier 60 and I thought I would share one. I will be working on the compositions, different angles, and times of day for improving picture #1 in the future. Hopefully I will get some good ones to post.
Thanks for viewing, all C&C is welcomed and appreciated.
Rob

18-55mm kit lens

04-21-2012, 10:53 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Nice shots. With the large difference of lighting across the first scene, I would try 5 frame bracketing at +/-2EV. What this would do using some post processing (HDR High Dynamic Range), would be to brighten up the pier while trying to control the lighting of the beach and the road. There is a free 30 day trial of Oleneo PhotoEngine that may be reasonable to try on this type of shot. Just a thought....

04-21-2012, 12:35 PM   #3
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

They look very good to me.......sure, you might do some different processing etc....but they look plenty good just as they are. If you stripped the Exif and posted them in some other Forum as coming from some high powered new camera....you would most likely get ooohs and ahhhhs on how fine they were. We're funny that way, aren't we?
Best Regards!