Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-07-2012, 05:06 AM   #1

Am I running out of time?

Hi all! I'm new to the forum here, and wanting to pick up a K-5 within the next 3 months or so, just curious as too if i'm running out of time to get one, will online stores only keep selling them until they run out of stock? They're at a pretty good price everywhere it seems but i'm overseas at the moment and do not have the money to get one as now I live in Australia & prices at local stores are through the roof so I want to shop online. All advice & opinions greatly appreciated, hope to join the Pentax world shortly Thanks!

05-07-2012, 07:35 AM   #2

I'm positive in 3 months time there will still be plenty of k-5 for sale on ebay
05-07-2012, 07:40 AM   #3
Banned

Photos: Gallery
You are never out of time, since after the K-5 there is a new camera (or lots of used K-5's) or still good deals on K-5.
05-07-2012, 07:41 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by pfdun Quote
Hi all! I'm new to the forum here, and wanting to pick up a K-5 within the next 3 months or so, just curious as too if i'm running out of time to get one, will online stores only keep selling them until they run out of stock? They're at a pretty good price everywhere it seems but i'm overseas at the moment and do not have the money to get one as now I live in Australia & prices at local stores are through the roof so I want to shop online. All advice & opinions greatly appreciated, hope to join the Pentax world shortly Thanks!
If memory serves me right, they usually overlap. Either way, I'm thinking that if you waited even to the point where a replacement was announced that you'd be able to pick-up a K-5 quite easily. Perhaps even at a reduced rate.

05-07-2012, 07:53 AM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by pfdun Quote
In my opinion - Yes.

Why?

In any product life cycle, there is the ramp up, the active production and the shut down of a product line. The bugs are worked out in the ramp up, and the remaining bugs are left in when the product is shutting down.

As far as I can tell, the K5 is in active production, and for every one that is produced, there is someone who is active in making sure everything is right with the camera on the production line.

I think the best K5s will be produced now or in the beginning of the last 1/3 of it's production life cycle.

Of course with ISO9000 facilities, what I just said might be total crap, and if so, chalk it up to superstition on my part, and obviously an "opinion".
05-07-2012, 10:03 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
ISO9000 only means that QC is sufficient ON PAPER. And if that paper is wrong or can be interpreted in different ways, ...
05-08-2012, 03:14 AM   #7

Original Poster
Thanks for all the advice everyone, you've left me reassured :-) Looking forward to putting some flicks up if & when I can pick up the K-5!