Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 3 Likes Search this Thread
05-08-2012, 04:01 AM   #16
Veteran Member

I am using various AF points all the time to frame my shots, and I haven't had much lowlight AF issues with the K-5. I had AF issues on daylight.

Sad.

But coming from Nikon D90 (Failing to pass to the D300) I am quite content with the AF performance. Said to be not on par with newer Nikons or Canons, but enough for me. Recently I found out that one of my lenses backfocused. I fixed it, maybe the problem is solved for me.

As for passing to the 5D (the bare 5D, as scribed, so I am taking that) the AF system as I know is very, very, very primitive. They only updated the Mk II to the Mk III because of its primitive AF system. So do the math. I think you will not be able to get better AF with that camera. As for the FF, really a bargain. These things are expensive in Turkiye and the 5D is around $800-900 body only, so a bargain here too. With manual lenses, I'd consider that too.

The D800 and D800E are losing their edge in the market with such problems, coupled with Nikon's recent "price update". Nikon is shooting itself in the foot, by the time problem-free D800's come round, the Mk III's may have reclaimed the FF market.

Last edited by Crosshair; 05-08-2012 at 04:02 AM. Reason: correction
05-08-2012, 06:59 AM   #17
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteQuote:
As for Eric: test less and go out and shoot the K-5.
Here are my low light photos: Swing City Photo Gallery - Category Listing

I decided to buy this camerabright on B&H Photo: Photography Lights: Digital Photography and Camcorder Lighting Accessories
Perhaps that will help my problem.
05-08-2012, 10:56 AM   #18
Forum Member

Photos: Albums
No such thing as a pro camera anymore, they're profit cameras . . hmmmm ^^^^^ On a serious note though, there looks to be a lot of "rush" to get the top market shares for people looking to upgrade or switch or do something ........ In the end these are electronic devices ....... pan up to Rondec . . . "beta testing" . . . Hello where's inspector #9?
05-08-2012, 11:18 AM   #19

I pretty new to the K5 been just over 2 months but I don't have much to complain about and in low light I think its great. Better AF on other camera was not worth the price when I upgraded to the K5, mot to mention I think the ergonomics were superior to Canon and Nikon at least in my hands.