Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
05-17-2012, 02:34 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
K-5 Histogram?

I use histogram religiously on my K-X. I simply enabled it in menu and it shows up every time I take a pic. However, I have it enabled on my K-5 but never get a histogram. I have yet to see the histogram when I take a pic on the K-5!

05-17-2012, 02:45 PM   #2
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by geekette Quote
I have yet to see the histogram when I take a pic on the K-5!
Enable it "on view" by viewing a picture and pressing the "info button" until it shows - after that, it will always show until you change it again...
05-17-2012, 02:46 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Once you enable it on the menu, try hitting the info button during the shot review. This will allow you to configure various display modes(including the histogram).

Hope this helps.
JohnBee
05-17-2012, 03:13 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
it doesn't work.. i press the info button upon 3 sec review and hte picture just disappears..

05-17-2012, 03:16 PM   #5
Veteran Member

it doesn't work.. i press the info button upon 3 sec review and hte picture just disappears..
Hit your "play" button to show an image (not during 3 second review) and then hit the info button...
05-17-2012, 04:07 PM   #6
Administrator
Site Webmaster

QuoteOriginally posted by joe.penn Quote
Hit your "play" button to show an image (not during 3 second review) and then hit the info button...
Right, and then it will remember that setting when displaying shots during instant review.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
05-18-2012, 12:45 AM   #7
Pentaxian

If I recall correctly you can enable it for instant review and/or for when viewing via the play button, so have you enable it for the "right view"?

05-18-2012, 09:03 AM   #8
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Um.. i have histogram checked and I turned on histogram in PLAY. It still does not show the histogram right after I snap a picture like my K-X does. This is really frustrating.. If I can't get this working then somethgn must be wrng with my firmware. I should just send this camera back.. so annoying. When I press the info button after i take a pic it closes the pic out. geesh.
05-18-2012, 10:11 AM - 1 Like   #9
Veteran Member

When I press the info button after i take a pic it closes the pic out. geesh.
It's not AFTER you take the pic, it's when you are cycling through pics, this will give you the histo for cycling. If you enabled in your menu, you will see the histo during 3-sec preview, here are the steps:

Step 1: Find The Setting

Step 2: Enter Into The Setting And "Check" Histo Option

Step 3: Shoot Picture And Enjoy RGB Histo For 3-Seconds

IF RGB HISTO IS NOT WHAT YOU ARE LOOKING FOR (IE: LOOKING FOR MASTER|COMBINED), GO TO STEP 4 BELOW

Step 4: Shoot Picture And WHILE RGB HISTO IS DISPLAYED, Use You Up/Down Arrow (On D-Pad) To Switch To Combined Histo - Now Histo Will Always Look Like The Following
05-18-2012, 10:27 AM   #10
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Ok I am a dummy.. i was enabling histogram in the digital preview not instant review.. lol. It's working now thanks!