Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-24-2012, 06:07 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
new K5, who say's?

Who says there will be a new K5 coming? What if Ricoh/Pentax are going the same route as Olympus with mirror less cameras. I may not be alone in this thinking as there is an awful lot of K5 and newer Pentax lenses etc for sale in the past couple of months. The rats look like they are abandoning ship! Micro 4/3rd's have reach the resolution of Pentax 16mp K5, and surpassed it in high ISO. Time to pare down the lens collection?

05-24-2012, 06:17 AM   #2
Inactive Account

Nope. Seems to me the K-5 was very successful for Pentax.

It would be quite silly for Pentax to abandon that success, and that market, and the $$ potential. In fact, now would be a good time to build on it, generate even more interest, get even more exposure...

Also silly to think so many people who are thrilled with their DSLRs would want to now settle for MILC. The OM-D is certainly a nice camera, and if one is concerned about down-sizing their gear more, then its a real good choice. Could see buying one for my daughter who thinks even the K-5 is still a bit big, or as a 2nd more compact system for easier travel or what-not. But its current price is high, and I wouldn't sell my K-5 for it.

Now IF one believes the K-5 is the best an APS-C can be, and not enough improvement is possible that would make buying the K-5n/3 cost-effective, and/or an FF is not coming, and/or the lenses really are too $$$ now, then in a couple years it may be worth switching to say an E-M6. For now - I'll see what Pentax comes up with next.

ps you can always send your lenses to me!

Last edited by jmg257; 05-24-2012 at 06:41 AM.
05-24-2012, 07:23 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Franky2step Quote
Micro 4/3rd's have reach the resolution of Pentax 16mp K5, and surpassed it in high ISO.
For any fantastic m4/3 sensor there will be an even better APS-C sensor, for the simple reason that APS-C's are larger.
05-24-2012, 08:20 AM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Franky2step Quote
The rats look like they are abandoning ship! Micro 4/3rd's have reach the resolution of Pentax 16mp K5, and surpassed it in high ISO. Time to pare down the lens collection?
You did notice that Pentax announced the k-30 this week right? But if you want to abandon ship, PM me a list of lenses you want to pare, I'll see if I can help you out.

05-24-2012, 08:35 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Your message is strange , you PM a seller to buy yesterday some lenses. ???? Seem you want peoples to move out of Pentax
And you try to sell the K-5 and lenses
05-24-2012, 09:40 AM   #6
Pentaxian

I fully expect my K5 to be functioning for 5 years or more and regardless of whether or not Pentax goes mirrorless or not, it appears that the K mount is sticking around. I will deal with that issue when the time comes. I might add that none of us has any idea what we will be seeing in the next few years. My complaint with the K-01 is the lack of an optical viewfinder, not whether or not it has a mirror. I personally don't care if a camera is mirrorless as long as I can use it in the same manner I use my DSLR and can get comparable results. It would not surprise me at all that cameras in the near future will be 100% electronic with no mechanical parts whatsoever. As long as our lenses work on them, will it really matter?
05-24-2012, 03:24 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by bobmaxja Quote
Your message is strange , you PM a seller to buy yesterday some lenses. ???? Seem you want peoples to move out of Pentax
And you try to sell the K-5 and lenses

You sound PARANOID
Who said anything about me selling my K5 & lenses....

05-24-2012, 03:29 PM   #8
JFN
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Seems K-30 is the new shit, can we assume a K-3 is on it's way? And then maybe a FF K-300 ?
05-24-2012, 03:44 PM   #9
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by JFN Quote
And then maybe a FF K-300 ?
k-300 will be entry level below k-30. FF will be called LXD. I read this on a forum about Pentax cameras so it must be true.
05-24-2012, 04:57 PM   #10
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by jatrax Quote
k-300 will be entry level below k-30. FF will be called LXD. I read this on a forum about Pentax cameras so it must be true.

Thank you, I needed a little good humour this morning