Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 8 Likes Search this Thread
06-06-2012, 09:39 AM   #16
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
in looking at the photo, it appears the bottom left corner of the screen protector took a hit, as there are multiple cracks in that area, one of which unfortunately spread across the screen corner to corner

06-06-2012, 10:00 AM   #17
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by WightWalker Quote
I bought one for the K5 which, when delivered was just a standard 3" screen, BUT for the reasons that the originator of this post seems to have found with his broken screen protector, I decided that fitting one of these glass screen protectors just wasn't worth the risk.

The whole reason for fitting a screen protector is to protect the screen, BUT when it breaks as they seem to do, you risk damaging the very screen you wanted to protect.

I opted for a Vikuiti™ screen protector ADQC27 for the Pentax K5, which is Crystal-clear, anti-reflective,Hard-coated' Dirt-repellent, simple to apply, residue-free removal & bubble free - most importantly - it DOESN'T break.

url: Protectionfilms24.com | Vikuiti? screen protector ADQC27 for Pentax K5, K-5
The hard protector might have protected the screen
The naked screen probably couldn't survive that impact on its own.
06-06-2012, 12:06 PM   #18

QuoteOriginally posted by pentax user Quote
The hard protector might have protected the screen
The naked screen probably couldn't survive that impact on its own.
You have to bear in mind that the GGS Screen Protector is glued to the LCD Screen so any impact would likely also be transmitted to the LCD Screen itself, particularly in the location around the edge where it is glued.

I believe that in this instance pearsaab was using a bigma which was believed to have put stress across the screen via the tripod mount.

Last edited by WightWalker; 06-07-2012 at 01:11 AM.
06-06-2012, 12:19 PM   #19
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
I believe that in this instance pearsaab was using a bigma which he believes put stress across the screen via the tripod mount.
I think the OP is a SHE not a HE.

06-06-2012, 04:48 PM   #20
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
thanks everyone..i am a she and i want to thank everyone for letting me know to look at the screen cover...it was broken but not the LCD...YEH!!!! To further clarify what happen or didn't happen the camera was never dropped or had any impact or hit from anything...i was handholding the camera with the bigma on it and i felt the body do something which i really can't describe...shortly after that i noticed the crack which actually started from the upper right and came down to the left bottom...as the evening progressed the crack increased at the bottom left corner as shown in the picture...i have no idea why it happen but there is no damage on the LCD...i have now ordered the special cover that Wrightwalker mentioned...again thanks to all for you awesome input!!! AMY
06-06-2012, 05:14 PM   #21
Veteran Member

I've had 2 of those GCS protectors crack on my cameras and I'm pretty gentle on them, I have no idea how mine cracked either.
06-06-2012, 05:23 PM   #22
Veteran Member

I opted for a Vikuiti™ screen protector ADQC27 for the Pentax K5, which is Crystal-clear, anti-reflective,Hard-coated' Dirt-repellent, simple to apply, residue-free removal & bubble free - most importantly - it DOESN'T break.

url: Protectionfilms24.com | Vikuiti? screen protector ADQC27 for Pentax K5, K-5
Thanks for the tip, found one on ebay and ordered it, I'm done with GCS protectors.

06-06-2012, 06:42 PM   #23
Veteran Member

Glad to hear that pearsaab. At least no incurred costs for repairs! I'll try WightWalker's suggestion too, for my K-x.

...unless they don't ship to Southeast Asia, lol.
06-06-2012, 08:23 PM   #24
Pentaxian

ACMAXX protectors offer great protection, and haven't heard of them cracking (except on impact, where they will pay for themselves by saving the LCD). I have them on several cameras -- love 'em.