Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-05-2012, 06:47 AM   #1

Lens I'm looking at for my K-5

So I bought my K-5 2 weeks ago and I took the small kit with the 18-55 WR lense which I though would be handy to have for days with bad weather which is something quite usual here in Quebec.

I found out quite quick that I need a zoom now because it's good for portrait and landscape but I'm limited.

I though I'd buy the following lens over the next couple of months and I wanted to know If I'm off with my choice :

1st would be the 55-300 pentax lens. Light zoom that delivery good quality pictures for a very decent price

2nd the SMC Pentax-DA* 55mm F1.4 SDM for better brokeh and shots without having to use the flash. Seems to be an amazing lens for portrait.

3rd the Sigma 70-200 HSM OS version for sports, kids playing and pics inside where the light isn't the best.

I though with these lens I'd be able to cover most needs. I'm still not sure about the sigma. Tamron 70-200 seems to give better IQ but the AF isn't close to the sigma for sports and interior shots so I'm not sure.

Any recommendations on lens I should look for? Maybe other lens that would cost less and provide just as good performances?

Thanks!

06-05-2012, 08:51 AM   #2
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
you will find everyone has a different opinion...you might want to check out this discussion to see what people are using the lens for and which one are not...good luck

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-k-5/187854-what-your-most-used-len...-you-have.html
06-05-2012, 10:02 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Since you plan on getting the 55-300 you could look at the DA* 50-135 2.8 instead of the Sigma 70-200.