Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-08-2012, 06:21 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Mirror Flop! Just What Exactly Is It????

I have had my K-5 for three months now and am very happy with it(no issues....knock on wood) I was just wondering what mirror flop is, seeing as I have read that some K-5s in here have that issue. Is there a certain noise it makes when it is doing it? does it affect your images in any way? What exactly happens when it is doing it? or does anybody know for certain?
I ask this because I was out today shooting a local hang out and I was out near the river and I sort of felt that the shutter sounded a bit different than it normally does, although the images come out like they normally do - AWESOME as usual even though I use lenses that are sub par and nothing to write home about.
When I got home after the shoot I took a few test shots and the camera sounded like it normally does, maybe I was just hearing it differently outside than I do indoors.
so far this camera is friking awesome and I am not even interested in the new cameras coming out or the ones that are supposed to replace the K-5.
Amy help here will be greatly appreciated in advance.
Thanks everyone

06-08-2012, 06:39 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Basically it's where the mirror goes up and down spontaneously without your telling it to and without taking a picture. Extra noises are definitely something else.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
06-08-2012, 06:49 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Basically it's where the mirror goes up and down spontaneously without your telling it to and without taking a picture. Extra noises are definitely something else.
hmmmmmm well I haven't had THAT happen to me yet
06-08-2012, 07:50 PM   #4
Pentaxian

It's something some guy on here keeps going on and on about as if Pentax should be cast into the fires of hell for allowing it to happen. Thanks for the explanation Adam. It must be something from before I started coming to the site every day. So , it's all news to me.

06-08-2012, 08:51 PM   #5

06-09-2012, 07:54 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Implier Quote
Na I dont get nothing like that, thanks very much
06-09-2012, 08:26 AM   #7
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

+1 ditto , me either, possibly something in Menu setting can couse it,