Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-09-2012, 02:09 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
B&H camera warranty

With the recent drop in price of the K5 I'm ready to buy. My question is has anyone used or bought the camera warranty from B&H? I'm thinking another 150 and my almost thousand dollar purchase is covered from my slippery hands. What do you all think? Thanks!

06-09-2012, 02:40 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by bass3587 Quote
With the recent drop in price of the K5 I'm ready to buy. My question is has anyone used or bought the camera warranty from B&H? I'm thinking another 150 and my almost thousand dollar purchase is covered from my slippery hands. What do you all think? Thanks!
There should be a $20 USD 2-year extended warranty (3 years total) available from either BH or Adorama. It is issued directly from Pentax and includes one free cleaning and readjustment to factory specs. Only good for USA customers, I think. Plenty more info on this forum if you search for it. Great camera, btw.
06-09-2012, 03:43 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
I saw that one but doesn't cover accidental damage
06-09-2012, 05:00 PM   #4
Administrator
Site Webmaster

I'd get the $20 Pentax warranty. Just don't drop your camera!

Pentax Two-Year Extended Warranty for the K5 and KR Digital

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
06-09-2012, 05:02 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by bass3587 Quote
I saw that one but doesn't cover accidental damage
Still worth the $20

Not so sure about the $150, does your home owners / renters insurance cover it?
06-09-2012, 06:40 PM   #6
Veteran Member

$20 isn't bad. I'd probably do that.

I signed up for personal articles insurance with State Farm. Costs me ~$50/year and they claim they will replace my gear if I drop it in the ocean, gets stolen, etc.
06-09-2012, 07:54 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Original Poster
I too have State Farm (my commercial voice). Plus it will cover other items in the house. Thanks guys!

06-11-2012, 06:52 AM   #8
B&H Photo Representative

QuoteOriginally posted by lammie200 Quote
There should be a $20 USD 2-year extended warranty (3 years total) available from either BH or Adorama. It is issued directly from Pentax and includes one free cleaning and readjustment to factory specs. Only good for USA customers, I think. Plenty more info on this forum if you search for it. Great camera, btw.
Some extended warranties make the manufacturer's warranty live longer but otherwise don't provide much in the way of additional coverage. Others protect the owner from gravity, carelessness and other acts of God.
06-11-2012, 10:06 AM   #9
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by henryp Quote
Some extended warranties make the manufacturer's warranty live longer but otherwise don't provide much in the way of additional coverage. Others protect the owner from gravity, carelessness and other acts of God.
Being an agnostic I always opt for the cheapest one. I also have homeowner's insurance in case he/she wants to come down on me hard. Other than that I use a strap.